Chapter 41: The Other Continent

In the blink of an eye, Ye Ci was already 25m away. She did not stop there. She activated Stealth and disappeared into the gray map.

The Rogue was baffled. His second stunning skill, 'Stun' was ready but the target had disappeared before he could cast it. He then received a system notification: "Target has disappeared, skill casting failed."

The scariest thing during a PK was not an opponent's mechanical skills or even their damage output, it was if your opponent disappeared and you could not spot them.

Ye Ci's sudden disappearance turned the tables. The Rogue's brief moment of hesitation meant that he had already compromised his position even after he turned on his Stealth.

Ye Ci lurked 25m away from the Rogue. She chugged down bottles of Health Potion while watching the Rogue closely.

In a PK match against a Hunter, one must be careful to not place oneself more than 2m away from the Hunter. A Hunter's attack had a blind spot of 2m. If a target was within the 2m range of a Hunter, the Hunter could not launch ranged attacks against their target. A Hunter without their ranged attacks was no different from a bird that had lost its wings.

When one was in a PK match against a Rogue, one must always remember to not give the Rogue a chance to get to one's back. A Rogue had a lot of control skills, once they got behind a player, the player would lose all initiative. Once someone was hit by a Rogue's control skill, unless the player had some very OP items, the battle would be over then and there.

Ye Ci silently calculated the path that the Rogue would take and planted a Frost Trap there. She'd appear out of Stealth when she cast a skill. It was very dangerous as Rogues and Hunters shared the similarity of relying on agility. Both classes had high speed.

A trap needed three seconds to be completely set up. Within that three seconds, if the Rogue had an additional speed buff, he would be able to dash up to her and use a Staggering Blow.

That was why Ye Ci kept an eye out for the Stealth Rogue.

In the last few milliseconds of the Frost Trap's deployment, Ye Ci detected a presence creeping up from behind her with her high Perception. The person pounced at her at high speed.

It's finished... Ye Ci felt a chill creep down her spine, and her body dodged to the side out of reflex.

Miss!

The Rogue was disheartened when he saw his Staggering Blow miss at a crucial moment like that! It was a crucial moment, how could he miss it!

That was not as depressing as the fact that the Huntress dodged his follow up attack by lowering her body and rolling away on the ground.

If that was not depressing enough, what happened next would sink the Rogue further into depression.

Ye Ci's movement caused the Rogue to miss and he stumbled forward due to his momentum. He then stepped on Ye Ci's Frost Trap.

The Rogue was instantly frozen in a huge ice block.

Ye Ci stood back up and immediately cast a red Empowered Hunter's Mark on him. At the same time, she released Ol' Three and backed off.

A Frost Trap would typically last for 12 seconds. But if attacked, the ice will shatter and the frozen target would regain freedom of movement.

Since this was not a fight against mobs, Ol' Three's Taunt had no use. Instead, Ye Ci commanded it to cast a damage over time (DOT) skill — Bleed. Ye Ci herself jumped onto a wilted tree and used Venomous Snake Needle and Rapid Fire on the Rogue.

The Rogue's first course of action was to cast a Stun on Ol' Three, then he headed straight for Ye Ci.

Despite his speed, Ye Ci remained calm. They were close to each other in terms of Agility, and she also had a slightly better Balance than the Rogue. However, when it came to Speed, she had a Purple Equipment with +7 Speed bonus. With the distance between them, as long as he did not possess and dashing skills, the outcome of the battle was already sealed.