The Morning Of || .004

The Professor stomped it into their mind so often that you'd think that Ava would know better than to stay up and not get much rest the day before the heist that they've been planning for five months. They were up so early that as soon as she closed her eyes the night before they seemed to be opening back up. She groaned, her head throbbing from the lack of sleep within the last week, and she pushed herself off of the very uncomfortable bed that she couldn't wait to get away from.

      Ava was adopted at the age of two years old by a very loving family, and they seemed to be doing fine when it came to money, unlike her birth parents. She celebrated birthdays extravagantly, woke up on Christmas Day to a hundred gifts under the tree, and every holiday she spent with other relatives. She had a happy home life. Ava was truly blessed to be adopted into such a caring and warm family, but it slowly started to get toxic the older she got. And that was nobody's real fault but her own. It was right after her fourteenth birthday that her parents dropped a bombshell on her. They were moving. They were moving halfway across the country, and that's when Ava slowly started to spiral out of control. Her feelings for Berlin had grown, and now she was moving far from him. She didn't expect to see him ever again. He managed to visit her on her sixteenth birthday while he was just the young age of nineteen. Although she'd moved on, the moment she saw him again all of the feelings she once had for him came rushing back.

      Ava pulled on her black combat boots, making sure they were tightly strapped for the start of the heist. The last thing she wanted was for a shoe out of all things to ruin their perfectly thought out and scheduled plan. She stepped out of the room, fully dressed, and headed towards the dining area where they were meeting. Her eyes roamed the halls, watching as everyone busily left their rooms and chatted amongst each other. Everyone was nervous which was normal, but their adrenaline was going to be rushing so fast they wouldn't have time to worry about nerves. Her eyes locked on one room in particular: Berlin's room. He seemed to be just waking as he was just now tightening his pant buckle. She tried not to let her eyes wander, but his shirt was off, and she stood in the hall watching him, stopped in her tracks completely. It was like a teenager seeing her favorite celebrity for the first time. Star truck completely. Berlin grabbed the shirt that was laying out on the side table. Just as he was about to pull it on, he caught a glimpse of Ava in the hall. He looked down momentarily, almost as if not believing she was there, but his eyes went right back up to look back at her the same way she was looking at him. He offered her a sly smirk as he stood there shirtless in his room. Ava turned her gaze away almost immediately, turning on her heel to hurry to the dining area.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        "Happy sweet sixteen baby!" Martin leaned over the counter, smashing his lips on Ava's. She had just finished a bowl of her favorite cereal. "I'm sorry that I have to go, babe. You know how important conditioning is for me when it comes to my football." Martin explained. He was the typical football jock that didn't know how to breathe without a ball in his hands 24/7. The smile on her lips was a bit forced, but Martin didn't notice in the slightest.

      "It's fine," they had only started dating a few weeks before, so Ava wasn't exactly looking forward to his company. She was planning on going to a party later, but she didn't have anything big planned for her sixteenth. Martin pressed his lips to hers once again but leaned back quicker this time to grab his gym bag and hurry out of the house. Ava was pinning up her hair when the doorbell rang. She wasn't expecting anyone so when she went to the door, she called out loudly, "who is it?" She answered it although there was no response, and her brows furrowed. Her eyes widened and her mouth agape ever so slightly in awe at the person at the door. " Andrés," he was older now, being around twenty.