The Gang .027

Ava pulled the straps of the book bag over her shoulders. She packed her whole life into a small bag and most of the items in it were Andres'. She needed this. She needed to go. She'd find the answers she was looking for, even if they weren't what she was wanting. She just needed clarity for peace of mind. She was never going to be normal again, but the life she had then bored her. Now, she at least had someone to live for. She just couldn't clear her mind from the many things that always found their intrusive way back in. 

          "Valencia!" Sergio called out her city name and Ava's head snapped to the door quickly, her brows furrowed. He hadn't called her that in over two years. Worry was filling her chest. She averted her gaze to the little boy who was asleep on her bed. He was napping. She dimmed the lights and left the room, shutting the door behind her in case of an emergency. She thought of only bad things. Her mind seemed to be occupied with negative thoughts most of the time. She stopped right outside of the living room, peeking into the room with fear. His eyes widened at who she saw. 

          "Tokyo," Valencia's voice was low but it was loud enough for the two of them to hear. Tokyo and the Professor both looked at her. Nobody saw each other the last few hours, and although it was nice that she was there, Ava couldn't help but wonder why exactly she was there. Tokyo stood up from the chair that she was in and walked over to her, wrapping her arms around her. She was genuinely happy to see her again. "Where's Rio?" Ava pulled from the hug to ask that question. Tokyo's eyes were filled with tears and worry. Ava looked straight at the Professor. He was staring at her with begging eyes. 

        "He was captured." Tokyo managed to get the words out. She wasn't there to visit. She was there to get Rio back. Ava couldn't think clearly. Rio, the youngest group member, was captured by the police. He was surely being tortured for information. Although, he didn't have any. The Professor was the only one with any of that information. He was the only one safe enough to keep it. Everyone turned their attention to the little boy who was walking from the hall into the room they were in, rubbing his eyes like he'd just woken. 

        "Buddy," Ava sighed, leaning down so that she was right in front of Andres. Andres wrapped his arms around her, his eyes resting on Tokyo. Ava picked her up, rubbing his back comfortably. Tokyo's eyes were widened. She looked from Ava to the Professor and then back again. 

         "You two?" Tokyo asked the question that she almost needed an answer to. Ava and Sergio's eyes both widened, and Ava shook her head wildly. Tokyo leaned down so that she could look at the boy, offering him a smile. Andres cowered his head on his mom's shoulder, whining because of the stranger. He didn't exactly meet new people often. 

           "No." Sergio and Ava answered at the same time. "No," Ava repeated. "This is Andres, " Ava started, "named after his daddy." Tokyo's expression softened and she smiled at the little boy even wider. Sergio stood up from the table and walked over to the two of them. He stood directly beside Ava and when Andres saw him, he peaked up, reaching his arms out to him. Sergio took Andres out of Ava's hands, patting the boy on the back to comfort him. 

            "There are no news articles on him. You'd think they'd advertise something about his capture but nothing. " The Professor started, his glance going to Ava. Ava had a sinking feeling. She knew what he wanted. "They're torturing him." 

             "Is that even allowed?" Tokyo's eyes widened in fear. The panic was obvious on her face. 

             "It's not," The Professor began, "but that doesn't stop them." 

              "We have to get Rio back." Tokyo had determination in her voice. Ava looked straight at the Professor, worry in her eyes now. She wasn't sure how they'd manage to get the young man out of the FBI's custody, but they'd sure as hell at least try.