Panic || .011

The day couldn't have been dragging by any slower. Nairobi was working hard on creating money, Tokyo and Rio had their eyes set on Berlin for revenge, Helsinki and Oslo were being their usual well mannered selves as they stood guard, and Denver and Moscow were outside. They were outside on the roof. It wasn't a call that Berlin made as the leader. He agreed to it at gunpoint, and Ava didn't stop them from pulling their weapons on him. Phoenix was enjoying it too much. Denver had murdered a hostage, and Berlin was at fault. Phoenix was bathing in pleasure. He stood directly beside of Ava, a hand resting on his gun by his side. Ava was silent. She didn't have words to say to him. She didn't want to speak at all. Not to him, not to Denver, and not to Berlin. The day was still early and she was just ready for it to be over.
"You're just going to be avoiding me for the rest of our lives?" Phoenix asked the question. He had been near her quietly for what felt like hours, but really had only been twenty minutes tops. Ava just glared at him but she didn't speak. She wasn't ready to speak to him after the night before. "So you pull me into this heist so that I'm risking my life for our future, and you can't keep your eyes off of Berlin." He almost immediately regretted saying this. He sighed and shook his head because Ava's eyes darkened. She was so angry that her temper was boiling. "He murdered a pregnant woman. Is that the same man you knew? He's not the same person anymore." Phoenix tried to explain his anger to her but it just came out desperate and jealous like usual.
         "No, he's not." Ava replied. Phoenix furrowed his eyebrows at her response, not expecting it in even the slightest. Ava knew Berlin was different. He had always been a man with a great temper. He couldn't control himself and was so chaotic. That had never changed, but he was so much more reckless than she ever remembered. She never thought that she could look at him the same way after learning that he had a pregnant woman murdered. "But neither are you." Ava snapped now. She was usually quiet, but even she was at her breaking point with the back and forth from Phoenix and Berlin. She didn't know what she wanted anymore because all she wanted was to be happy and alive. She wanted to get out of there alive, and they needed to stop the drama before it caused anymore trouble.
         "How?" Phoenix sighed, stepping closer to Ava. Ava immediately took a step back, not wanting him close for many reasons. "Because I can't help but snap when I see you looking at him like that? Do you think I'm stupid, Ava? I've known for years that you lost your virginity to him. He was your first everything," Ava now frowned, "and I know that's why you feel so attached to him, but he's going to do the same thing he did to you then. I remember meeting him when we were teenagers and he was a grown ass adult. He's a fucking creep, and what he did today just proves it. Him and Denver."
        "Leave Denver out of this." Ava wanted to protect Denver like he did with her. He protected her even when she fully didn't deserve his protection. "How did you know?" Ava gave in, a sigh leaving her lips as she took a seat on top of the stairs.
          "You weren't a virgin when you slept with me for the first time so I just assumed." Phoenix sighed, knowing for sure that he was right. He stepped over to her but didn't sit. He wasn't brave enough to take a seat beside of her after last night. "And that's fine. We were young and stupid then. But you're still looking at him like he's king of your fucking world and it drives me insane because I love you." Ava could feel the guilt eat at her as he said this. He had choked her last night and she wasn't going to easily forget about that, but the guilt was because of what happened between her and Berlin. She couldn't imagine him knowing what really happened last night. How would he react to that news?
          "I love him." Ava admitted. Phoenix's heart sunk to his feet as he stared at her in disbelief. "I will always love him. He's been my best friend since I've been six years old." Ava stood up from the stairs so that she could look at Phoenix completely. His bruised eye was now wet with tears. "But I love you, Martin." She brought a hand out to touch his finally, forcing a small smile on her lips. "I just need you to be the same man that proposed to me. I can't be with this new version of you. I just can't." Ava sighed, finally taking up for herself the best that she could. She was weak physically and emotionally too, but she tried her best to take up for herself the best she could.
           "Valencia!" Ava's head snapped when she heard her city name be called out urgently. When she looked up the stairs her eyes widened in fear, seeing Denver and Moscow carrying a hostage down the stairs in a hurry.
            "What happened?" Ava sprinted into action, hurrying up the stairs to the wounded hostage. She took immediate notice that it was Arturo, and suddenly her urgency had slowed a little. He deserved to live, but he could suffer a little before getting real help.
          "Sniper got him." Denver said, clearly panicked. He laid him down on the make shift gurney that Phoenix rolled to the bottom of the stairs. Ava took action, calling out for Tokyo to get the medical kit when she was in sight.
          "What the hell happened?" Berlin's voice was heard loudly when he came into view, walking over to Arturo calmly. He didn't even seemed phased that one of the hostages had been shot. Phoenix kept a gauze on Arturo's shoulder wound as Ava waited for the medical gear. Denver explained what happened to Berlin quickly. Ava grabbed the medical equipment from Tokyo, looking over everything that they had.
         Ava leaned Arturo up the best she could, letting Phoenix help her lay him back down slowly. "There's no exit wound." Ava's eyes went straight to Berlin. "I can't." She shook her head quickly. "He needs a doctor." Ava was a nurse, but she didn't have the skills that most doctors had. She knew it was too big of a risk if she operated on him inside of these walls.
          "We can't get a doctor. You're going to have to do it." Berlin tried to order her, but Ava didn't move her glance off of Berlin for even a second.
         "Berlin!" She snapped at him. Ava didn't usually raise her voice, but everyone seemed to love picking at her nerves today. Everyone's eyes widened a bit at Ava's voice, even Berlin's. "He needs a doctor. Get him one. I can stop the bleeding until then." Berlin stared at her for a moment silently but then nodded his head. He turned on his heel to hurry to his office, knowing he'd have to try and convince them to send a doctor in.

          Ava spent the next hour by the annoying man's side as she worked alongside the doctors to stop the bleeding. There were three that came inside. Two doctors and one hidden police officer. A listening device was implanted in the police officer's glasses carefully so somehow Arturo getting shot was for the best. Ava watched in disgust as Arturo made the phone call to his wife and instead of saying her name, he mumbled his mistresses. Her eyes went straight to Berlin as he laughed about it, enjoying every moment of this man's embarrassment. He wasn't the same man he had been, but he still made her knees weak with just his smile. Nairobi led the doctors out and Ava sighed in relief. It had went smoother than she expected it to. "I have to get cleaned up." She looked down at the once white shirt that was now covered in blood. She had taken the jumpsuit down again because she kept getting hot flashes.
         "Rio keep watch on the hostages." Berlin ordered him. Then Berlin's eyes went immediately to Phoenix. He had hatred written all over his face. "You get back to work." He then turned to look at Ava who was already heading up the stairs. Berlin was about to go after her, but was stopped by Tokyo in his tracks. He was annoyed but let it slide, trying to mend any type of relationship he had left with the group member. Just as Ava was going to turn into the office she was stopped by Denver. She hadn't talked to him really since earlier that morning because he shot that woman. She wanted to know how he was doing and holding up, but she didn't want to pry.
           "I need your help." Denver almost pleaded with her with his words. "But you can't tell anyone. Not Berlin, please." He trusted her. He trusted her to tell her the truth about what happened. Ava was now worried as she listened to him and quickly nodded, agreeing with him.

             "Of course." She said quickly. She cared about Denver in a different kind of way. He was attractive and she could definitely imagine that he was good in bed, but she didn't look at him like that at all. She looked at him as just a friend. She needed just the friendship from him.

            "Hurry. Just follow me." Denver turned back around to lead her down the hall quickly, making sure that nobody was watching where they were going. They stopped in front of a safe and Denver input the code. Ava furrowed her brows in confusion, but as he pulled open the door she started to get an inkling. She hurried inside behind Denver, and he shut the door behind them. She stood there in shock, looking at the dead woman who was very much alive with just a bullet to her thigh. Ava looked from Monica to Denver, searching for an explanation.