That Stupid Belt .035

Lisbon was getting a bit too close to the cameras, wanting to see what was in Ava's hands. "What're you holding, Valencia?" Lisbon asked through the earpiece. She was curious because of Sergio's habits after a belt was mentioned. He seemed like he was hiding something, and because he sent Berlin off, she got a bad feeling at the bottom of her stomach. 

         Ava looked towards the camera, but she didn't speak. She didn't want to say what it was. Although, Lisbon already assumed it was a belt she was holding because Palermo had commented about one. She just didn't know why it had an extraordinary purpose. Why was the belt even being mentioned? It wasn't until Palermo said that Berlin deserved better that Lisbon started to think the worst. She wasn't a dumb woman. She was smart and very opinionated. 

        "A belt, Lisbon." Palermo commented back, having been listening to the conversation. He had walked away, but he was still in the same room as Ava. The Professor huffed, frustrated with not only Palermo but with himself. Ava glared at him. She wanted so badly to walk over to him and shut him up, but that would just make her seem more guilty. Right now, she just needed to try and come up with something to explain why she was holding Sergio's belt, why it was so important to Palermo. 

            "Why's the belt so important?" Lisbon asked, but off the earpiece. She glared at the Professor who was still staring at Ava through the screen. A million things were running through his mind at once. He regretted it in some sense. He knew it shouldn't have happened. It wasn't the right thing to happen when he was with Lisbon and she was somewhat with Berlin- his brother. It was childish but it did happen. It did happen and all he kept thinking about was how good it did feel. That's why he was feeling so much guilt. "Sergio," She snapped his name and he cocked his head, snapping out of his trance. He looked at Lisbon finally, trying not to show any weakness. "Palermo," Lisbon spoke to him because neither Ava or Sergio seemed to be giving an answer, "why's the belt so important?" She asked him this time. Ava stared at Palermo with begging eyes. She did it. Therefore, she knew she needed to deal with the repercussions, but she wasn't ready to yet. 

              "I'm afraid that's an answer only the Professor can give you." Palermo showed no mercy when he said this. He walked straight over so that he was back to Ava and reach his hand out for the belt. Ava scoffed, holding the belt like it was a prized possession. Lisbon turned her attention back to Sergio, her eyes running along him. Sergio had his head in his hands, huffing. He was pissed that this seemed to be how Lisbon was going to find out. 

               "Fuck you, Palermo." Ava snapped. Palermo laughed right in her face. He didn't care that she was upset with him. Honestly, he didn't know anything happened between Sergio and Ava, but their reactions showed the truth. Clearly, something did happen, and it was probably the night before when Berlin had their son. 

              "Fuck you, whore." Palermo threw back. He could barely see from either of his eyes right now, both were still bloodshot, but the glass had finally been retrieved all the way. Ava tried to settle her anger but it got the best of her. She punched him straight in the face. Tokyo hurried by their side, and she quickly grabbed Ava, stopping her from hitting him again. 

          "What the hell?" Tokyo yelled out. Ava pulled away from her, straightening herself back up. Tokyo's eyes went to the belt that was in Ava's hand and her face hardened. 

            "Sergio," Lisbon spoke, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, "what are they talking about? Why does this belt matter so much?" She tried to believe him. They argued for months about Ava. Lisbon cared about Ava as a friend, but she couldn't help the bit of jealousy that she felt when Sergio stayed alone with her hours on end. He seemed to enjoy being with Ava more than he enjoyed company with her, and that's why she worried so much about their relationship. Sergio forced himself to look at Lisbon and he took a deep breath. He was about to admit all of it.