Bank of Spain .031

Ava strapped her military boots up, leaning forward on the big box of weapons they had waiting in the back of the military truck. Her eyes wandered the group, noticing a bit of panic in some eyes. Monica was just as worried as she was and for the same reasons. They just left their children behind with a group they didn't know the greatest. Berlin swore they were capable, and although she was still semi pissed off at him, she knew he had their son's best interest in mind. 

             "You ready?" Berlin questioned her, finally stopping beside of her. She nodded slowly. She was ready. She was ready to get this done and over with so that she could leave this life really behind her. 

            "I'm ready." She agreed with him. She thought that saying it aloud would make it easier, but her stomach was still twisting in knots. It'd be easier once they got inside of the bank but right now, it was a waiting game. 

             "He'll be fine," Berlin said, clearly talking about their son, "trust me." He ran a hand up to her arm, running it up and down in a soothing manner. He still had the same effect on her. He still could calm her in ways that really no one, besides Sergio, could do. "I wouldn't have him somewhere I didn't think is safe. You know that, right?" 

            "Yeah, I know that." She nodded. She did know that. As much as he hurt her, she didn't think he'd do it to their child. Their son was safe and even if Ava and Andres both died inside of the bank, he'd be set for the rest of his life. They already had a plan laid out in case that did happen. "I just want to get this over with." Ava admitted. 

             "I just want to get it started." Berlin was excited for the heist. It was the heist that he wanted to begin with, the heist he was passionate about. He looked around at all of the group members. This was exactly how he imagined it, only better, because Ava was there with him. Ava glanced over at Palermo as the walkie-talkie went off. That was the Professor. She knew it without even hearing him. She shared a fearful look with Monica before turning her attention directly to Palermo. 

              Palermo turned on his heel and called out, "Ladies and gentlemen," he looked throughout the members, "Ours is the First Squad, Sixth Company of BRIPAC. One-six, BRIPAC. You have 17 minutes. " Ava didn't wait for anything else. She jumped into action, hurrying to carry the last bag of weapons they needed into the truck. "We have 16 minutes and 45 seconds!" 

*Flashback* 

              Ava paced back and forth, her eyes shifting from Sergio to her son nervously. Sergio reach a hand out to her, placing it on her arm. She stopped walking immediately and looked up at him. He calmed her that quick. "I just don't want him to disappoint him." She admitted, her eyes resting on Sergio's. 

            "He needs at least the opportunity not to." Sergio replied back. Andres was about to meet his son. Ava and Sergio thought it'd be better after class because then, it wouldn't be so stressful during the class when all Ava could think about was her son. She didn't do too well on focusing on anything other than her toddler anymore. 

         "I know that." Ava agreed with him, and she nodded her head. He was right. If Andres disappointed him, at least he'd have her to pick up the pieces. Andres wasn't a terrible person, but he could be a very selfish person. She held a grudge that she was just struggling to get over. A grudge because of a broken heart, but that wasn't a reason to keep her son from meeting his father. Although, they were doing fine before Andres appeared back into their life. "I'm just scared." 

         Sergio's expressions softened and he stepped a bit closer to her. After their kiss just a day before, it wasn't especially appropriate, but he knew he needed to comfort her at least with this. "Don't be scared." He said, point bank. "He's lived two years without his father already. If he does something to screw it up, then that's his loss. I'll always be there for him." Ava watched him carefully and she sighed, relieved.