Sandwiches and milk

Later that night a knock to the door caught Bella's attention, though she made no effort to move. The little raccoon glanced at the woman then at the door.
"Don't you dare..." the witch warns as the little creature scurried to the door.
"You little-" Bella starts as he flings himself at the door and dangles on the handle, trying to twist it open.
The door opens to reveal Hermione standing there with a tray.
"Narcissa said she couldn't get any answer from you, so I thought maybe I'd try." Hermione looked unsure of wether this was a good idea or not. She really didn't want to get on the woman's bad side, Draco made it quite clear how difficult it was to be liked by Bellatrix and she really didn't want the woman to start disliking her now.
"May I come in?" She asks but the witch remained silent, sitting in the chair near the window.

Apollo dropped to the floor then motioned for the girl to come in with his little hands. Hermione glances at the creature then at the woman, who still said nothing. She swallows as she came inside, she really didn't like how silent the witch was.
"I noticed you didn't really eat so I brought you something..." Hermione trailed off trying to figure out where to put it.
"Did Narcissa send you?"
"No, but she did say she couldn't get any answer from you-"
"So you thought you'd have a chance?"
Hermione swallows, this wasn't the same woman who she'd spoken to this morning or last night, this was the same intimidating woman she met yesterday morning.
"Well I err...just thought that maybe..."
"I don't like blabbering Granger, place it over there." She interrupts pointing to her dressing table, Hermione nods.

Hermione should of listened to Narcissa when she said to leave Bellatrix alone, the cold atmosphere in the room was capable of freezing the girl there and then.
"Thank you." She spoke softly, Hermione glances at the woman, that was quite unexpected considering the woman's icy tone not even seconds ago.
"You're welcome." Hermione smiles.
"Did you bring warm milk?" The woman tilts her head to the side reminding Hermione of a small puppy.
"No, but I can go get some if you'd like."
"I would very much like a glass of warm milk."
"I won't be a minute." The brunette nods before leaving.

The brunette made her way to the kitchen then once there she got a saucepan and poured some milk into it then brought it to the stove to warm up.
"What are you doing?" Hermione jumps slightly at the blonde woman who entered.
"Oh Narcissa you startled me." Hermione chuckles turning her attention back to the job at hand.
"Bellatrix wanted some warm milk."
"She let you in?" Narcissa arches her brow.
"Well not exactly, Apollo did but she didn't tell me to leave, in fact she asked if I'd get her some milk."
"Huh." Narcissa folded her arms, studying the girl for a moment.
"She usually shuts everyone out for at least a day or two when she gets in that mood. Tell me Hermione, what is your secret?"
Hermione looks at Narcissa "secret for what?"

Hermione returned with a glass of warm milk and knocked on the woman's door.
"Come in."
Hermione opened the door and closed it behind her, smiling she held up the glass of milk.
"Tada."
"You took exactly five minutes and 42 seconds, you said you wouldn't be a minute." Bella said coldly and made no effort to look at the girl.
"Well I mean I had to get the stuff then warm it up, the minute thing was a figure of speech..." Hermione's smile faded.
"I know, I'm just teasing." The woman smiles finally turning around to face The brunette.
"Oh" Hermione said processing the sudden mood change then smiles as she placed the milk on the tray.
"Thank you for the milk." Bella turns her attention back to the mirror and began gently brushing her locks.
"You're very welcome." Hermione said.

"I made the sandwiches myself, I didn't really know what you'd like." The brunette began fidgeting.
"I did one with plain ham and the other one is Branston and cheese."
"Do sit down, your hovering is quite distracting." Bella places the brush on her desk then turned her attention to the girl who sat awkwardly on the foot of Bella's bed.
"I won't eat both so please help yourself to one."
"Which one do you like?" Hermione stood up and made her way to the tray.
"I like both so I really don't mind."
Hermione went for the ham, then debated on where to sit, she really didn't want to make a mess in the woman's room, especially her bed so she opted for the chair the other side of the room near the window.
Hermione sat silently and ate her sandwich, as did the woman with dark hair.
"When you're finished you can wash your hands and braid my hair if you'd like." Bella said focusing on taking her necklace off.

"Okay." Hermione said standing up and glancing at the door. "I'm assuming there's a bathroom in there..." she points towards the door not far from the large window.
"Yes, you may go in."
Seconds later the girl returns and made her way towards the awaiting woman. Hermione glances at the reflection of the woman in the mirror before running her hands through dark curls. Bellatrix didn't tense this time, instead she closed her eyes and enjoyed the gentleness of the girls fingers through her hair.
"Cissy used to want to play with my hair when we were children." Bella said suddenly out of the blue, snapping Hermione out of her own thoughts.
"Did you let her?"
"Only once, then decided against it...she was quite rough tugging at my hair, it hurt." Bella pouts at the memory.
"Well I can assure I don't intend to tug your hair nor hurt you. If I do just tell me and I'll stop." Hermione smiles at the woman in the mirror.
"You have a gentle touch about you Hermione, I think my hair is quite safe in your hands."
Hermione could honestly say that this was a weird conversation but she quite enjoyed it.

"There we go, all done." She left the braid fall down Bella's shoulder, quite satisfied with her work. "I suppose I'll be going then." Hermione said whilst collecting the tray and plate.
"Thank you." Bella nods, watching as the girl leaves.