Chapter 3

Later the next day Bella sat in the library, the four other residents of the house hold planned to go on a day trip, an invitation was given to Bellatrix however she declined no matter how much Narcissa nagged. She simply didn't want to go out where she'd bump into other witches and wizards, they'd always glare or gasp or whisper at her presence. She didn't like it, they don't understand her, they just spread rumours and believe their own lies. Nope Bellatrix would much rather stay at home or go somewhere not many people went.
The woman decided to pick up where she'd left off yesterday, she'd nearly finished the book so she might as well finish it now, it's not as if she had anything else to do.

By the time the woman had finished her book the sun began to set, though there was still no sign of the four. Sighing the witch became bored, she could start another book but she was beginning to run out of good books, despite the large library the house possessed.
Of course she could go for a walk, the cool late evening air would do her some good. That was it, that's exactly what the woman needed an evening walk. The woman wrote a little note to inform her sister not for the woman to go into a complete meltdown and get everyone she knows out searching...what an embarrassing day that was, Bellatrix thought to herself as she sighed the note. She also dropped word to Dobby knowing full well Narcissa asks him to keep an eye on her, at first it angered her but then she thought about it and realised Narcissa only had the best of intentions, she was worried, Bella knew she wasn't the easiest person to live with, hell sometimes she scared herself with the things she'd do, so she figured she'd not tell Narcissa she knew about Dobby and give the woman some piece of mind.

Bella reaches for her cloak, wrapping a little scarf around Apollo just in case he gets cold, then the pair were off.

***

It was rather late when the four returned home and Narcissa had been on pins though she did her best to hide it. The blonde really wished her sister came with them, she'd never left her alone so long before. As soon as the blonde entered the house she ran to the stair case.
"Bella we're home!" She calls but furrows when there was no answer.
"Bella we're home!" The blonde repeats passing the stairs and checking all the rooms downstairs, panic started creeping in as each step became faster than the last until she ran up the stairs.
"Bellatrix!" The woman burst into the library hoping to see the witch had fallen asleep and simply hadn't heard her but she wasn't.
Narcissa's mind began to race as she started down the hallway opening each door and slamming them shut behind her.

Hermione stood downstairs with the remaining three finding her own heart beating faster, she had no idea what was going on.
"Draco go help your mother, I'll check the grounds." Lucius said and they both instantly left leaving a confused and frightened Hermione alone. The girl noticed a note on the floor near the small table with a vase of flowers where they all previously stood, and picked it up.

Gone for a walk little one, be back soon

Bella x

"Narcissa!" Hermione called at the bottom of the stairs still holding the note, though she jumped when the door burst open.
"My it was rather chilly tonight." Bellatrix said to the little raccoon as she took off his scarf.
"Good thing I put that on you Apollo." The creature chitters as he instantly runs to Hermione.
"Oh hello dove, did you have a good time?" Bella smiles taking off her cloak and hanging it up. Before Hermione had chance to respond however, a piercing scream caught everyone's attention.
"Bella!" The blonde quickly ran down the stairs.
"Narcissa what have I told you about running down the stairs?" Bellatrix scowlds her younger sister as she darts towards the ravenette.
"Oh Bella, you had me worried sick!" She engulfs the woman into an embrace.
"So did you running down those stairs like that, you could fall and damage your pretty little face." Bella told her hugging the girl back.
"Honestly she'll never learn." Bella said to Hermione who was completely baffled by this new personality Bella picked up on her walk.

Narcissa smiles pulling back and looking at her sister.
"You're Bella."
"Well done Narcissa, now who's that over there?" She turns the blonde around and points at Hermione.
"Draco go tell your father she's here." Narcissa smiles leaning into her sister.
Hermione still stood there stumped, she'd seen the intimidating woman, then she'd seen the shy almost childlike woman now she was seeing a completely different side to her.
"Hermione dear, you look as though you've seen a ghost." Bella chuckles, kissing her sisters head before leaving her go.
"Right I'm going for a hot soak, my weary bones are a bit chilly." She said before heading up the stairs, Apollo in tow.

Hermione just remained silent, Narcissa waited until the woman was out of sight and went to the obviously confused girl.
"Do you remember what I told you about the shifts in attitudes?" Hermione nods
"Okay good." Narcissa glances towards the stairs.
Hermione was expecting Narcissa to elaborate on her previous statement, but the girl was very much wrong.

"Oh Lucius, Bella just went upstairs to take a bath." The man nods then noticed the paper in Hermione's hand, she noticed his gaze and held it up.
"Oh that's what I was calling for, she left a note. It was on the floor by that table over there." Hermione hands the note to Narcissa.
"Oh, that would of been helpful before I turned into a blind panic." Narcissa chuckles taking the note, "Remind me to check the floor next time."she smiles to Hermione.