Medusa

Draco had left Hermione with his mother as he had been summoned by his father. Narcissa
Smiles at the girl as she watched Draco leave.
"Sorry about that dear, though Lucius isn't home very much, so when he is Draco spends as much time as he can with him, so I do apologise before hand, that he may do that quite often."
"It's okay, I understand. I'm just grateful for your hospitality."
"You don't need to thank me Hermione, as I said you're welcome here anytime." Narcissa smiles, as she leads the girl to her room.
"Right, this is mine and Lucius' room, Draco's is opposite mine, yours is down here opposite Bella's." Narcissa opens the door,
"Speaking of Bellatrix, Draco told me she seemed to like you." Narcissa arches her brow.

"I don't know about that, she didn't seem as if she did." Hermione shrugs.
"She told you to call her Bellatrix did she not?"
"Well, yes she did but-"
"She never willingly tells anyone to call her that, especially not on the first encounter." Narcissa smirks
"Maybe it's because I'm Draco's friend" Hermione suggests.
"Hmm maybe, though I doubt it." The blonde closes the door behind them.
"I'll help you unpack." She smiles walking towards the cases that were already waiting on the bed.
"She's not a people person, she's awful awkward at times. I know she comes across intimidating but she's actually a softie, oh and very bossy." Narcissa poses a moment, glancing at the girl who opened the drawer.
"She also has...certain mood changes...so to speak...you may be confused on a few occasions but I promise you she's an absolute delight once you get to know her." Narcissa said, "She wasn't always this way, bossy oh she's been like that since a child...but her sudden change in attitude...she wasn't always like that." Narcissa caught the girls gaze, she remained silent for a few minutes before finally finishing unpacking the brunettes things.
"That's that." Narcissa smiles walking towards the door.
"Now feel free to do whatever you want, I'm going to check on Lunch. There's a library on the second floor, I know how you enjoy reading." Narcissa gave one last look at the girl, smiling a friendly smile before leaving.
Hermione sighs, smiling to herself she figured she go to the library and examine all the different books that occupied the shelves.

***

"She is a peculiar petal isn't she?" Bellatrix muses as she ran her hand through her familiar's fur.
"She seems to be nice, and everyone else likes her." The woman looks down at the chittering creature in her lap.
"Yes, I find her somewhat intriguing myself."
Just then something caught the little Raccoon's attention as he quickly ran towards the doors.

"Oh hello there, come to nick my wand again?" Hermione smiles, kneeling down to pet the purring creature. Bellatrix watches her a moment, she was a pretty and unusual petal indeed.
"He appears to like you." Bellatrix spoke stepping out of her hiding place. Hermione looks up at the dark beauty, slowly rising to her feet.
"I like him too, he's adorable." Hermione smiles. Bellatrix looks to the floor.
"His names Apollo."
"The Greek god of the sun, archery, music poetry and so on..." Bellatrix instantly looked at the girl, no one usually knows that.
Hermione fell quiet when she noticed eyes on her.
"Yes..." she furrows her brows,
"You're the first one to know that." She states.
"What can I say, I find Greek Mythology interesting." Hermione shrugs.
Bellatrix studies her for a moment before a smile graced her lips "Yes, it is quite...interesting."
Hermione returns the smile, her eyes meeting Hermione's. Hermione swallows.

Her eyes....they are unforgettable, never in her life had Hermione ever seen eyes like these.
The brunette had never looked upon another person who possessed eyes such as hers, and Hermione was more than certain she never would again. To say they are brown would be an understatement, like saying the sun is yellow, or the sea is just blue. It would be like saying the grass is green and the clouds white, accurate yet an insufficient representation of their distinctive beauty.

At first glance her bambi like eyes were just that, beautiful however once Hermione gazed into those captivating eyes she soon realised her mistake. Hermione found herself unable to move as this woman who she'd just met took complete control over her entire body just by looking at her with those eyes.
She was like medusa, one look into those magnificent orbs and Hermione suddenly became as motionless as stone.
Her brain betrayed her, this enchantress rendered her speechless.

"Right, well I'll be off then." Bellatrix turns to leave. Hermione watches as she does so, inwardly screaming at herself for behaving like an idiot and for openly staring wide eyed at her without a word. 

What a great impression she gave.