Word searches

Bellatrix and Hermione walked into the hall, capturing everyone's attention as they continued their little chat, oblivious to the eyes focused on them, until they took a seat at the table.
"Good Morning." Bella smiles, giving a cheery greeting which resulted in a few confused glances between the Malfoy family and an arched brow from Narcissa.
"You're awfully cheerful this morning..." Narcissa said, taking a sip of her tea.
"Am I?" Bella smiles pouring herself a cup of tea, then offers some to Hermione who carefully pushes the cup towards her.

"You're practically glowing." Lucius joins in, winking at his wife who gives him a glance.
"I highly doubt that" Bella places the pot down before reaching for her napkin "I did however have a rather peaceful sleep last night." She adds.
"With all that racket? I kept drifting in and out." Draco shrugs.
" So did I Draco, though your father was out like a light snoring ever so loudly I thought he was trying to compete with the thunder." Narcissa throws a side glance towards her husband.
"I wasn't that loud." Lucius looked to his wife.
"You were obscenely loud." Narcissa said. Lucius rolls his eyes as he took a bite of his toast.

"Anyway, how did you sleep Hermione dear?" Narcissa turned her attention to the brunette who swallows the mouthful of tea she just took.
"Oh very well thank you." Hermione smiles, not so subtly drifting her eyes to Bellatrix who's attention was occupied by the little raccoon.
"New hairstyle Bella?" The blonde asked, snapping the ravenette out of her thoughts.
"Hermione's handy work. Do you like it?" Bella smiles as she ran her fingers through the little panda eyed creature's fur. Hermione had pulled it back into a lose yet voluminous pony tail with a few strands framing her face.
"It's lovely." Narcissa said, her eyes glancing at the brunette who smiled proudly at her work, before drifting to her son and arching her brow.

***

Today was another miserable, wet and dull day which somehow resulted in one Hermione Granger laying in one Bellatrix Black's room on her bed with said raven haired witch beside her. The woman sat with her back resting against the headboard, her mind preoccupied with one of Hermione's word searches. Yes you read correctly, Bellatrix Black was completing a muggle word search puzzle.
Hermione sat beside her, doodling in her sketchbook glancing at the woman every now and again, and the little panda eyed creature lay sound asleep at the foot of the bed.

"Are they all this easy Hermione?" Bella asks as she turns to the next page having completed yet another word search.
"Well they are supposed to get harder as you go along, but judging by the way you're flying through them I'll have to get one of the more difficult ones next time." Hermione smiles at the woman as she marks another word off her list, using one of Hermione's pencils. She had contemplated giving the woman a pen but seeing her reaction to the tiny unicorn rubber Hermione had, she figured she'd best take it one step at a time, though Hermione couldn't deny she found the woman's fascination with something so simple to be adorable.

Hermione smiles as she watched the woman circle another word, with a little triumphant smile. In ways this woman was so innocent, so child like and now she'd claimed the little unicorn as her own, not that Hermione really cared, she thought it was rather childish of her uncle to give her that for her 15th birthday but Bellatrix apparently loved it. Hermione mused as she noticed the woman had placed the unicorn on top of the pencil, she probably wouldn't get the pencil or book back either at this rate, then again she still hasn't seen her hoodie she lent Bellatrix that one night. She wasn't even wearing it the following morning either, it just vanished.

Hermione was brought back to reality at the sigh from the woman as she placed the book beside Hermione.
"I've finished it, have you got anymore?"
"What? There's no way you finished it, there was a 150 pages worth of word searches in there, and I only completed one." Hermione picks the book up and flicks through each page only to see she had indeed completed every single one.
"Like I said, they were very easy." Bella shrugs, her interest turning to the sketch book Hermione had closed shut.
"What are you doing?" She asks the brunette.
"Oh uh nothing, just doodling." Hermione smiles placing the word search back down on the bed.
"Can I see?" The woman smiles, tilting her head to the side. Hermione swallows, how was she supposed to say no to that.

"Um...you might not like it..."
"Nonsense, I'm sure I'll love it now let me see." Bella takes the book from the brunette, oblivious to the wide eyes and absolute horror that was written all over the girls face.
Bella opened the book to the page Hermione was working on, the brunette mentally curses though thankful the woman didn't look at any of the other drawings...they're certainly not to everyone's taste.
"It's me." Bella said looking up at the brunette, who stopped breathing, the moment she looked into those big brown dazzling orbs. She really should have learned by now not to do that.
"I hope you don't mind, I just like to draw what I see..."
"Mind, why on earth should I mind, it's lovely." Bella smiles glancing back down at the sketch of her doing the word search.
"You are very good at this Hermione." The woman ran her fingers along the paper as the witch beside her blushed, mentally praying the woman didn't start flicking through the pages.

"Have you been drawing for long?"
"Since I was little I guess." She shrugs focusing on breathing, and not freaking out right now. No one has ever wanted to see her sketches, and no one has ever dared ask to see them let alone take the book from her hands and look at them. She didn't really know what to do, it was nice that someone appreciated her work but at the same time there were some drawings in there no one needed to see...especially the woman most of them were inspired by.
"So you're an artist!" Bellatrix suddenly said, snapping the brunette from her thoughts.
"Well I wouldn't say that."
"Well clearly you are, look at this. It's brilliant." The ravenette said, once again examining the detailed sketch. "Is there anything in particular you prefer drawing?" She adds.
"Um not really, I just usually draw things that catch my eye, " Hermione shrugs Again "Things I find pretty." She adds before realising what she said, she glanced at the woman who's cheeks were bright pink, though a smile covered her kissable red lips. Hermione swallows, she looked far too cute right now.

The woman furrows her brows a moment, did the brunette really think that? Hermione certainly didn't hold back any compliments in the past but Bellatrix despite pretending she took no notice, actually took in everything Hermione said, though she always put it down to the girl just trying to be nice...but drawing someone followed by that comment was more than just trying to be nice...right?
"Do you really think I'm pretty?" Bellatrix looks up at the witch with those big brown eyes, she fell for it again. The enchantress caught Hermione off guard, capturing the defenceless witch in her gooey chocolate eyes that at this moment conveyed nothing but warmth and adoration. Hermione couldn't breath, she couldn't think clearly this witch had knocked the breath right out of her lungs with that question, and those eyes, those big bambi eyes that hypnotise you without even trying.

The witch tilts her head to the side and Hermione's heart was melting, oh the things this woman was unknowingly doing to her.
"I think you're the most beautiful person I've ever met." Hermione heard herself say it out loud and mentally cursed herself, though it was true. She was the definition of beauty.
"I wouldn't go that far." The woman looks away but something in Hermione snapped and before she knew it she'd cupped the woman's cheek, making the witch look at her.
"I would." She said softly, meeting the woman's gaze. A small smile graced Bella's lips, though her eyes looked away as yet again a pink tint crept to her cheeks.

"Trust me, I'm an artist...I know a masterpiece when I see one." Hermione had no idea where this surge of confidence came from, and Bellatrix certainly wasn't expecting it either judging by her reaction.
Her cheeks went an even brighter pink to Hermione's surprise, though she made no effort to move. In fact Hermione could of sworn the woman shivered at her words.