We all have our fears

Later that night after sorting Bella's hair and milk out Hermione stood in front of her own large antique mirror in her room, she had just finished braiding her hair when she thought she heard tapping on her bedroom door. The witch turned towards the door unsure whether or not she had heard it, if she had it was very faint. Maybe it was the wind outside, after all the weather had certainly picked up again since earlier this evening. It was pouring down outside, and the wind was howling very much like the night before. Hermione turned back towards the mirror, then she heard it again. The brunette made her way to the door and opened it slightly to see the back of Bellatrix with Apollo perched upon her shoulder. A warm smile graced Hermione's lips as she opened the door wider.
"Everything alright Bella?"
The woman turned around, hints of fear swirling around in her deep chocolatey pools.
"Yes yes, I was just checking to see if you were okay..."
"I think I'd feel more at ease if I wasn't alone." Hermione smiles already knowing why the woman was there and that she'd never openly admit to being afraid of storms.
"Honestly Hermione, it's just a little storm...it'll pass. But I suppose I could keep you company for the night if that'll help the nerves."
"It certainly would." Hermione steps aside allowing the woman to enter.

Apollo instantly made a run for the biscuits on the bedside table.
"Apollo, where are your manners." Bella frowns and the little creature stopped in his tracks, chittering as he glanced at Hermione who chuckled.
"Go on help yourself." She closes the door behind them and Apollo instantly devoured the whole plate of biscuits.
Bellatrix rolls her eyes at the little thug, Hermione smiles coming to stand beside the woman.
"Do you want anymore milk?"
"Oh no thank you dear." The ravenette smiles, turning her attention to the brunette.
A grumble of thunder startled them both, and the next thing she knew, Hermione found herself holding the woman who's head was pressed tightly against her shoulder.
"Looks like another night of thunder and lightning." She whispers, caressing small circles on the woman's back. The soft black silk of her robe felt wonderful against Hermione's skin.
Bellatrix remained silent as she tried to even out her breathing. Her hands continued to clutch at Hermione's fleecy pyjamas. Her strong wonderful scent filled Hermione's nostrils and she just knew that it would linger for hourse after the woman left. Not that she minded, she found Bella's smell intoxicating her natural scent mixed with the strong perfume suited the woman and drove Hermione crazy. The close proximity along with the wonderful fragrance was causing havoc with Hermione's stomach and beating heart. She tightened her hold on the woman and couldn't hide her growing smile as she felt the woman relax against her.
"You're so soft." Bella whispers catching Hermione off guard, then she remembered the pyjamas she had on and began chuckling.
"Curtesy of my uncle who insists on getting me pink fleecy pyjama's every year for Christmas." Hermione adjusts her head slightly in order to look down at the woman who's head rested on her shoulder and her delicate hand released its grip, instead she twirled the short fleece strands around her fingers, toying with the fabric.
"You must be very lucky Hermione." Bellatrix whispers, lifting her head to meet the younger witch's gaze.
"Currently I think I'm the luckiest person in the world"
"Because despite the current situation you have a family who so obviously adores you." Bella smiles, and there was a hint of pain hiding behind that smile.
"That..." Hermione agrees before resting her head against the woman's "And because I'm currently holding the most beautiful woman in the world."
Bellatrix laughed at that sentence and looked away, though the pink in her cheeks were obvious.
"You laugh, but I'm serious." Hermione frowns, though a playful smile tugged at her lips when Bellatrix turned to look back at her.
"Then I'd recommend glasses."
"My vision is perfect, as you well know. Being an artist and all." Hermione smirks and the woman chuckles resting her head back on Hermione's shoulder.

"I may have mentioned this before, but you are quite peculiar Hermione Jean Granger." Hermione frowns,
"You know my middle name?"
"You didn't think I'd do some research on a stranger I've never met who intends to stay in my family home?" Bella pulls her head away from the girl's shoulder and looks up at her.
Hermione didn't quite know why but she really didn't like the woman referring to her as a stranger.
"What did you find?"
"Oh I didn't dig too deep love, I just asked a professor or two." Bella shrugs, tapping the brunettes cheek before heading over to Hermione's bed.
"Quite an extraordinary young lady...so I've been told." Hermione blushes slightly as she too makes her way over to her own bed.
"What do you think?" The brunette asks as she sat down on her bed beside the older witch. Hermione slowly turns to face the woman, who's eyes showed all her thoughts and desires making Hermione feel all warm and tingly inside.
"I think you're wonderful, peculiar but in the best possible way." Hermione smiles taking the woman's hand that rested between them on the bed and gave it a squeeze.
"I think you're wonderful too, like no one I've ever met before."
It was Bella's turn to smile as she gently squeezed Hermione's hand in return
"I should hope not, imagine how chaotic the world would be with two of me?" The woman laughs, Hermione however pondered that thought and a smile brightened her face as a mental image of a minnie Bellatrix entered her mind. Hermione never particularly liked children, nor had she really ever thought about having any of her own. But a minnie Bellatrix looked adorable in her mind with her big bambi eyes that would flutter every time she wanted something or was trying to get out of trouble and her little raven ringlets that framed her perfect little face, and those little red lips that would quiver or pout at the slightest inconvenience. Oh the child would simply be perfection.
"Chaotic yes...but I think a minnie you would be adorable."
Bella raises her eyebrows in surprise, that comment took her completely off guard. She'd never heard anyone mention her having children let alone saying how adorable they'd be.
"Oh I wouldn't be so sure about that..." she swallows, suddenly feeling her nerves returning. Another flash of lightening and a grumble that shook the whole house earned an undignified squeal from Bellatrix which surprised Hermione. The entire ordeal surprised Hermione to be fair, after all the stories she'd heard about this woman, people actually feared her...if only they saw her now.
"I'm sorry about that." The woman whispers looking down at the floor.
"Don't be, there's no need to apologise we all have our fears...I personally don't like spiders."
"My fear isn't thunder storms Hermione..." Bella whispers.
"Then what is it?"