Chapter 8

The following day Narcissa was complaining about the state of her flower beds, and Hermione had opted to take care of them rather than the elves. Narcissa however was skeptical.
"Honestly I really don't mind, I used to help my mum with her garden." Hermione smiles and that tugged at Narcissa's heart.
"Very well, I trust you. Just don't go making a mess. Oh and please don't go traipsing dirt through the house, Dobby worked hard on cleaning it this morning, bless his little soul."
"I won't I promise." Hermione smiles.
"So where do you keep the gardening tools?"
Narcissa frowns, " the gardening tools."
"I'll ask Dobby."
"Yes that probably would be best." Narcissa agrees.

***

Bella potters around her room, not really knowing what to do with herself today. Normally she would read, she wanted to read but couldn't think a a book she wanted to read.
Bellatrix had readers block. And now she was doomed for the rest of the day. Draco had gone gallivanting with his father, Narcissa had invited her friend over for Merlín knows what and Bellatrix was exceedingly bored.
The ravenette sighs as she went to look out the window at the bright sunny day only to catch the sight of a Gryffindor amongst her sisters roses that grew around a large white rearing horse at the front of the house.

Bellatrix barged through the large living room doors catching the attention of her sister and the nit wit she calls a friend. Narcissa arches her brow.
"Are you aware that Hermione is in your flowers."
"Oh yes, she offered to take care of them. Apparently Miss Granger likes to garden."
"Does she know how to garden?"
"I don't know, I assume so. I mean Hermione probably holds more knowledge than us in that department." Narcissa responds to her sister's question. Bellatrix remained silent a moment, not once acknowledging the woman beside Narcissa.
"I think I'll have some tea." She finally spoke before leaving the women alone.
"That was...interesting."the thin pale red head said, directing her attention to the blonde.
"Well that's Bellateix for you dear." Narcissa responds.

***

Hermione had just begun pruning the old dead and faded roses to a leaflet with 5 leaves ready for those shoots to produce the blossoms. The brunette was deep in concentration she hadn't noticed the woman heading in her direction.
"Why are you on the floor?"
"Oh Jesus Bella!" Hermione jumps, resting her hand on her beating heart she takes a deep breath.
"You're always so jumpy."
"Because you keep popping up out of nowhere and scaring me." Hermione smiles looking up at the woman.
"I can't help it if you're awareness is terrible." The woman shrugs before taking a sip of her tea.
"I was concentrating."
"No excuse." Bella responded, "what are you doing anyway?"
"Just trimming the dead roses."
"Looks boring."
"I don't mind it, quite relaxing I find." She offers another smile at the woman.
Bellatrix remained silent, she studied the young witch a moment taking another sip of her tea.

"Do you want to help?" Hermione asks getting up a moment to stretch her legs.
"No, I do not."  Bellatrix answers, watching as the brunette takes off a pair of dirty gloves and dropping them beside some peculiar looking different shaped things that were also covered in dirt.
"So you're just going to stand there?" Hermione folds her arms, a smile gracing her lips, noticing the strange look Bellatrix gave the gardening tools on the floor.
"I came to keep you company. You looked lonely." Bellatrix said honestly, her eyes drifting to the roses, examining the brunettes work.
The little raccoon chitters as he began banging the hand trowel against one of the large white horse statues that the roses circled.
"Hey Carful that could break." Hermione instantly bends down to scoop the panda eyed creature up in her arms. Bellatrix smiles at the interaction before her.
"Apollo would happily help you though."
Hermione glances at the woman, there was something different shining in her captivating eyes. Bellatrix only smiles before making her saucer disappear. 

Was that a hint of mischief twinkling in her dark hypnotic eyes?

Before Hermione could comprehend what was happening Bellatrix made a run for it, as the little raccoon jumped up on her face.
A moment later after Hermione tried desperately to remove his little hands from her hair he jumped to the floor. She could of sworn the little creature smiled smugly at her before waving then disappearing into thin hair.
"What the hell was that?" Hermione mumbles aloud, pushing the hair from her face. She looks skeptically at the place were the woman previously stood, making sure she wasn't there getting ready to jump out of somewhere and scare her, satisfied she couldn't see anything.
She turned around to continue with her job only to notice all her tools had disappeared.

She heard a playful giggle coming from behind her, she spun around only there was nothing there. Hermione frowns, examining her surroundings before heading off in the direction she caught the woman running in.

Hermione didn't really know what to expect, this woman was so unpredictable considering she likes routine. Hermione walked along the grass beside the front of the manor, keeping alert half expecting the woman to jump out of nowhere.
After walking for what seemed like 20 minutes she eventually hit a corner in the path and turned to head along the right side of the house. Giggling once again caught her attention, then she saw footprints appearing on the grass before her, and they appeared to be running towards the back of the house.
Hermione frowns, does she want me to chase her? The brunette thought, watching as the imprints get further and further away.

A strong gust of wind blew the brunette forward slightly, her hair blowing in every direction. Hermione pushes her hair out of her face, trying to hold it down as the wind grew stronger. The grass was blowing in the wind, and some leaves flew past Hermione heading in the same direction, then just like that it stopped. Her bushy hair fell back down, resting against her shoulders and back. The grass remained still and the leaves fell to the ground.

She heard another playful giggle ahead.