Your responsibility

After lunch was over Narcissa told Hermione she'd take the milk up to Bella tonight and Hermione could go do whatever she wanted, the brunette didn't really have much in mind, she rather liked taking the milk to the woman, even if she'd only done it twice. Hermione played a board game with Draco for a while then after losing she figured she'd make her way to bed.

Narcissa chatted to Bellatrix for a while after bringing her milk, and for a moment it felt like old times.
"Well it's getting late, I'd best let you get some shut eye." Narcissa got up from the woman's bed.
"Alright dear, I shall see you in the morning Goodnight." Bella began brushing her hair.
Narcissa walked towards the witch and placed a kiss on her cheek.
"You know I love you right?"
"Of course I do dear, and I love you, you know that." Bella smiles at the reflection of her sister "now on your way to your room will you do me a favour?"
"Of course, what is it?" Narcissa smiles leaving her hands rest loosely on Bella's shoulders.
"Send Hermione in."
"What?" Narcissa frowns, at the strange request.
"Hermione, send her in dear." The woman repeated as she took her necklace off.
"Why?"
"If you must know, the girl braids my hair." The ravenette responds whilst applying lip balm.
"You let her touch your hair?"
"Why not? She's very gentle and does not tug at my curls unlike someone I know." Bella arches her brow and Narcissa's cheeks turn a slight red. "That was not my fault." The blonde defends, "Mhm." Bella rolled her eyes though a smile tugged at her lips.
"You seem to be spending a bit of time with Draco's friend..." Narcissa said causing Bella to spin around.
"And just what are you insinuating?" Bella arches her brow.
"Nothing, I mean it's nice for you to spend time with someone other than us all the time..."
"Right, of course I've only known her three days but she seems harmless enough."
"She is a lovely young woman." Narcissa smiles.

***

A knock to Hermione's door made her jump, she certainly wasn't expecting anyone to come see her at this time. Hermione opens the door in her pyjamas and robe to be greeted by Narcissa.
"Oh I didn't wake you did I?" The blonde looked guilty.
"Oh no, I just got ready for bed, I've been playing a board game with Draco." Hermione smiles.
"Snakes and ladders?" Narcissa asked though she already knew the answer.
"Let me guess he won?"
"I'm sure he cheats." Hermione said earring a chuckle from Narcissa.
"Anyway, I'm here because I've been told to send you to Bella's room."
Hermione furrows her brows, "Okay..." for a moment Hermione found it odd then it clicked.
"Oh her hair." Hermione smiles tightening her robe and grabbing her socks to keep her feet warm, then headed to the room opposite her own.

A knock to the door brought a smile to Bella's lips.
"Come on in." She calls as the girl did just that. She enters and closes the door behind her, Bella noticed the girls attire and felt a tad bit guilty for calling her out of bed.
"Were you sleeping?"
"Hm?" The girl frowns then follows the woman's gaze down to her clothes.
"Oh no, no I was just getting ready for bed. Draco had me playing snakes and ladders with him."
"He cheats, I'd keep an eye on him." Bella said, watching the girl come closer.
"Yeah, I had a feeling he did." Hermione smiles running her hands through Bella's hair.
"I didn't think you'd want me to do your hair tonight, I figured you'd have Narcissa do it."
"Oh heavens no. No one has ever done my hair but me in over...many years, of course now that responsibility is yours." Bella said whilst dabbing some perfume to her neck.
"And I do expect you here every night to fulfil that." She adds, meeting Hermione's gaze,
"Just as I expect a glass of warm milk every night."

Hermione didn't quite know how to feel about that, but nodded in agreement none the less.
"Do that, and I think we'll get along just fine." The woman smiles.

***

"I think we are going to have a problem with Bella." Narcissa said as she climbed in bed beside her husband.
"When don't we have a problem with Bella?"
Narcissa nudged her husband, "I'm serious, I think she's forming a little attachment to Hermione." She looks to the man, concern covering her face.
"Don't be silly, she's only known the girl for three days, you're worrying over nothing."
"She asked me to send Hermione to her room to braid her hair."
Lucius remained silent for a moment, "her hair?" Narcissa nods and the man swallowed.