Chapter 7

Hermione fell into her little routine of bringing milk to the witch at night and braiding her hair, and grew quite comfortable with the woman, she also felt butterflies in her stomach when she'd call Hermione dove or little cub. The simplest of touches set the young witches heart off too, a simple pat to the shoulder or brush against the arm. Hermione couldn't explain it, but she liked it.

"Good afternoon Dove." Bella smiles one afternoon, she entered the library to see the girl with arms full of books, the woman's greeting caught the witch off guard causing Hermione to drop her books with a slight start.
"Shit, sorry." Hermione mumbles looking at the woman.
"My apologise, my intentions were not to startle you. Though you do have a colourful tongue don't you." Bella arches her brow before a smile graced her lips.
Hermione responds with a smile, noting the woman's teasing habits.
"So what books is our little book worm gathering today." Bella smiles and before Hermione had chance to say anything she kneeled down and picked one of them up.
"Dark magic" Bella quirks her brow and glances at the girl who instantly kneeled down to her level.
"Should I be concerned?" She held the book up.
"I don't intend to use any I promise, I just thought I'd read about them so I know what I'm dealing with in case they were used." Hermione panicked, now she could very well be in trouble.

Bella thought for a moment, studying the girl before handing her the book back.
"Very well, I trust you. Don't let anyone see you reading that though, that was my mistake. I don't actually know how this got here, it should be in my room."
"This is yours?"
"It is, but I'm trusting you. Besides, I think it's good to prepare students for all sorts of things, especially dark magic. I believe if they were truly taught of the darkness it holds and how it destroys you they wouldn't be so intrigued to find the answers themselves. Because it does destroy you, it's powerful, very powerful and if you can't handle it, well...that's the end of you."
The woman said seriously before a smile broke out on her face. Hermione swallows, not entirely sure how to reply to that.

"You look like a dear caught in headlights dove." Bella said before reaching for the rest of the books, Hermione snapped out of her daze and also began collecting her books not really paying attention as she reached for the last book at the same time as the woman.
Bellatrix retrieved the last book only to find Hermione grabbing at her arm, the woman looked up at the other witch who snapped her attention towards the woman.
Hermione met her eyes, she met those dark swirls of gooey chocolate and realised her mistake. She should of learned from their first encounter, this woman was a goddess, she had the power to melt you with just one look, and at the same time she'd turn you to stone. Looking into her eyes was a trap, a trap that Hermione got caught in more than once.

"Everything alright?" Bella asks, tilting her head slightly and again Hermione felt her stomach doing somersaults. The head tilt definitely did something to Hermione, especially when the woman would look at her with those big mesmerising eyes, oh how she melted. Hermione nods before quickly letting go of the woman's hand, ignoring the electricity that pulsed through her body.
"Well here's your last book." The woman smiles oblivious to Hermione's thoughts and urges.
"Thank you." Hermione hopes she gave a friendly smile in return, but at this rate she'd lost all control of her limbs and just hoped for the best. Before she processed what she was doing she shot up standing tall, books held firmly in one hand and offered her other hand to the woman she'd left kneeling on the floor.
Bella hesitantly took the brunettes arm, as she helped the witch to her feet, using slightly more force than intended and pulled Bellatrix up with such force the woman gasped at the sudden tug and she now stood inches away. Hermione swallows at the close proximity but made no effort to move, in fact all she wanted to do was be even closer, to have the woman's body pulled flush against hers.

"You have pretty eyes." Bella smiles, still holding the brunettes hand as she truly examined the young witch.
"Yours are prettier, by far the prettiest I've ever seen!"Hermione blurted out, instantly feeling the heat coming to her cheeks, though she noticed she wasn't the only one.
"I'd best leave you in peace." Bella said about to leave but Hermione only tightened her grip on the woman's hand.
"Don't leave!"
Bella quirks her brow at the young woman,
"I mean if you're not busy maybe we could read some more Shakespeare?" Hermione smiles hopefully.
" In that case I'll go prepare some tea for us and I'll meet you back here, make yourself comfortable." Bella smiles about to turn away  but the brunette still held onto her hand.
"Oh I can do that."
"You don't have to, I can get them."
"No no no, I can do it, I'd be happy to help." Hermione smiles finally releasing the woman's hands. She goes and places her stack of books on the settee before making her leave.

Bella looks at the little raccoon sitting amongst the books upon the shelf.
"She really is quite peculiar." Bella sighs shaking her head, the creature chitters before jumping onto the woman's shoulder.
Bella made her way over to the settee, she decided her legs needed a stretch, her bones were aching and tired, she'd gone nights without sleep once again. Sleep wasn't easy, just as she started to doze off she'd jump awake.

The woman took a seat slipped off her heels and brought her legs up onto the settee, she stretched her legs out across the furniture before bringing them back and tucking them along side her, she leant into the back of the settee and summoned the book, she began flicking through the ancient pages deciding on what she'd be reading next.
Hermione happily made her way back to the library with the silver tray and tea at hand, Narcissa gave her a hand and told her that the delicate black bone china teacup  with fancy gold patterns around the rim and handle with a large detailed red rose was Bella's.