Chapter 9

Bellatrix didn't mind the rain but she wasn't to keen on what would usually follow the rain. Especially Since Narcissa told her of the weather predictions of the nights to come.
She lied to Narcissa, of course she did. Bellatrix Black wasn't about to admit she was afraid of thunder storms. She was the older sister, she's not supposed to be afraid of anything. Of course that wasn't true, she was actually afraid of lots of things. Like woodlice for one, give her a spider over one of those things any day.
Then there was water that reached over her waist like the sea or pool, and then there was storms.
People she wasn't really afraid of people she just didn't like them very much. But storms, they were something that always triggered unwelcome memories, memories she tried hard to block out.

The woman stood in her bedroom near the window, staring out into the gloomy day as the rain pitter pattered against the window.

Rain was the calm before the storm.

Apollo sat silently on the woman's right shoulder as he too glanced out at the wet and miserable day. Fogged filled the air around Malfoy Manor, nothing could be seen as the grey clouds swallowed everything in its path. The rain on the window was all Bella could really see, the raindrops racing one another down the window to the edge where they meet there doom. Each rain drop choosing it's own direction.

Pitter patter, pitter patter...

"Knock knock" Bella jumped ever so slightly at the sudden voice coming from her doorway.
"Did I scare you?" Hermione smirks as she enters the room, for once she succeeded in startling the woman. Bellatrix made no effort to turn around as the witch approached her, Hermione stopped just behind her, peering over her left shoulder.
"Not exactly a good day to be outside." Hermione comments as she looked through the window.
"Unless you have the intention to get wet beyond belief." Bellatrix said turning her head slightly.

Hermione swallows as raven curls brush past her face just missing her skin by centimetres, a slight tint made it's way to Hermione's cheeks as she thought about what the woman had just said, and she mentally scorned herself at the inappropriate thoughts forming in her mind.

Hermione smiles as the woman glances over her shoulder at her, the slight movement wafting the woman's wondrous  scent which Hermione inhaled.
She smelt nice, her hair smelt florally, like she'd been lying in a field of flowers. She'd left it down today, flowing loosely down her back. She wore a long black dress that fitted rather snuggly from behind, and there was no doubt in Hermione's mind that the woman's wearing heels.
"So, what brings you here?" Bella turns her attention back to the window as Apollo leaps onto the floor and scurries over to the bed.
"Well I hadn't seen you all morning, apart from breakfast. I just thought I'd come see what you were up to." Hermione shrugs watching them, in the windows reflection.
"Well you can see for your self, I'm not up to anything."
"I gathered that when I caught you staring out of the window." Hermione smiles, playfully nudging the woman.
The woman glances behind her again and smiles slightly at Hermione, before turning back towards the window. Hermione sighs, glancing at the woman's long curls and unthinkingly she reached up and began twirling the strands around her finger. Half expecting the woman to tense like she would usually but What amazes Hermione the most was Bellatrix leaning into the touch as she saw in the reflection on the window her eyes closing.

Hermione swallows, her heart beat increasing by the dozen. She continued to play with the woman's long hair, making a note of how close they were at this very moment. She could smell the woman's perfume, it now took residence in her body and intoxicated her. With her free hand she slowly brought it up carefully moving the strands of hair that rested against the front of the woman's shoulder, in the process she accidentally brushed her fingers against the woman's neck who in response tilted her head revealing more of her silk smooth skin to Hermione, who died right there on the spot.

Hermione swallows was that invitation to touch her there again or was she trying to help Hermione grab the stubborn hair that now got caught in her earring.
The young witch did her best to silently take a deep inhale as she began untangling the hair but couldn't quite see where it was stuck.
She moved closer leaving centimetres between Bella's back and her front as she looked down at the stubborn strand of hair. Hermione grinned wildly as she managed to succeed, moving the hair out of the way only her eyes fell upon the exposed neck of the woman, who still made no effort to move.
Hermione 'accidentally' brushed her hand against the woman's neck again, but she still didn't budge.

Bella could feel the warmth of the witch's breath against her neck and the closeness of her body, no one ever dared be so close to her, Hermione never came this close even when she was braiding Bella's hair, Narcissa was the only exception. But instead of finding herself feeling threatened or uncomfortable she enjoyed the brunettes presence, she enjoyed her fingers running through her long raven locks, though the girl has done it many times now and yet, something was different this time around and she couldn't quite figure out why. Bella found herself closing her eyes and leaning into the young witches touch, she felt fingers lightly brush against her neck and without thinking she tilted her head to the side, exposing more of her sensitive skin. No one had ever even dared brush their fingers against her hand let alone the bare skin of her neck, and the simple touch...felt nice. Bella felt finger tips against her skin again, but this time they felt more deliberate than before.

A warm hand came to rest on Bella's shoulder and Hermione marvelled as her touch made the woman sigh. What was going on? Was this another dream? Is she dreaming again?
Hermione hesitantly closed that gap between them, pushing her front against Bella's behind and to Hermione's surprise the woman made no effort to move, in fact she leaned further into Hermione's body. She must be dreaming! The woman tenses at a friendly hug, there's no way she'd be okay with this.
She moved her hand on the woman's shoulder and lightly began dragging her finger tips against the small amount of bare skin that the dress revealed. Her shoulder and neck.
Hermione slowly dragged her fingers up towards the woman's neck then rested the back of her hand against the woman's cheek before moving both her hands to the woman's head where she began massaging her scalp.
Bellatrix seemed to be on an entirely different planet, and Hermione was puzzled at the woman, her touch appeared to have affected the woman today.

***

Hermione hadn't left the woman's side since their encounter earlier today, something seemed wrong with the woman but she just brushed the question off when Hermione asked if she was alright. Wherever Hermione went Bellatrix was in tow, not that she particularly minded, she just found the behaviour odd. Narcissa even arched her brow at the pair as Bellatrix walked alongside Hermione down the hallway, Hermione fancied a snack before going to finish the last of her school work off.
"You pair seem rather inseparable today."
"I'm good company." Hermione smiles, but the woman beside her said nothing, instead she focused on the solid oak floor of the hallway.
"Are you okay Bella?"
The ravenette snaps her attention to Narcissa and frowns.
"Why wouldn't I be?"
"Just checking dear." Narcissa smiles when Lucius calling for her caught all their attention.
"I believe Someone's in need of me." Narcissa smiles nodding at the pair before making her leave.

Hermione stood there for a moment before glancing at Bellatrix, she wasn't the only one who noticed the odd behaviour of Bellatrix today.
"What?" Bella asks, a concerned expression over her pretty face.
"Nothing." Hermione smiles,
"I've got some school work I haven't finished though, so I was going to get a little something to eat before going back to finish it off."

Bellatrix swallows, that was the excuse to get rid off her, she was doing it again, she was doing it again and Hermione was getting fed up. Bellatrix took a deep inhale as all sort of thoughts began filling her mind,

The brunette frowned as Bellatrix took a step back, without a word the woman marched away but Hermione quickly caught up and grabbed her wrist.
"Hey where are you going?"
The woman flinched, which hurt Hermione more than she'd care to admit.
Bellatrix didn't even look at her,
"Bellatrix are you okay?" She slowly and carefully took a step towards the woman, loosening her grip around the witch's wrist.
"I'm leaving you alone, I realise you must be fed up of my company-"
"What the hell gave you that impression?" Hermione frowns.
"You said you had work to do-"
"Because I do, that doesn't mean I wanted you to leave me alone, it means just that, I have work to do. I was getting a snack and was going to ask if you wanted to join me and bring some tea up with you because I know you like your tea." Hermione smiles, the woman remained silent.
"Are you sure?" The woman finally looked up at the girl.
"I wouldn't of said if I wasn't sure." Hermione smiles and the woman returned it.