Chapter 4

Bellatrix awoke very early the next morning and got ready for the day. She applied some light makeup before unraveling her hair and letting it fall loosely down her back. She wore a long black dress with a low cut neckline, the bodice fit snugly to her curves then grew looser the lower it got. She finished her outfit off with a large ruby stone that adorned her neck. The woman studied her reflection in the mirror, nothing but silence could be heard in the room, silence and the pitter patter of the little raccoon as he made his way to her. The panda eyed creature hoisted himself onto her desk and watched her as she looks at herself, chitters gaining her attention then he took her face in his tiny hands. He chitters some more before tapping her cheek then reaches for some face powder.
"Oh I don't think so." She smiles taking it from the now pouting creature. She slipped on her backless heels then left her room, Apollo in tow.
"Quiet little one, they're all probably still asleep ." She whispers before heading down the hall. She made her way to the library finding herself in a poetry reading mood.

Upon entering the library she made her way towards her usual large cuddle chair near the fireplace where she'd then summon the book she wants, but the woman stopped in her tracks when she heard humming.
She silently followed the sound and found the girl dressed in tight jeans, a pair of brown boots a white T-shirt and a knitted cardigan, looking through the selection of different books.
"Are you looking for anything in particular?" Bella asks causing the girl to jump.
"Oh shit, you startled me." She places her hand on her chest.
"Cussing Granger, really..." Bella tutted as she made her way towards the girl. Hermione swallows when she caught a glimpse of the low cut neckline.
"What book are you after? I might be of help." She offers a smile coming to stand beside the girl, glancing up at the books. She was in educational magic section.
"Oh nothing really, I was just having a look." Hermione shrugs.
"Oh well in that case I'll leave you to it." The woman said as a book flew in her direction and stopped just before hitting her.
"Ah, you're here." She said taking the book out of mid air and headed to her chair near the fireplace, her heels now echoing throughout the library, though Hermione was quite sure she didn't here those before.

The woman sat down on her chair about to start reading when a presence behind her put her off.
"What are you doing?" She slowly turned her head to see Hermione hovering behind her.
"Sorry, I was just wondering what you were reading..." Bella frowns, " Well you could of just asked, there's no need to hover behind me like a moth to a flame." The woman shivers, " I don't like it." The girl moves around and took a seat opposite the with her on the large sofa.
"Sorry..."
"No need for that, just don't do it again." She said before returning to her book. Hermione studied the old warn out chunky book.

"It's a collection of sonnets and poems by William Shakespeare." Bella finally said, realising the girl had no intention of leaving.
"Really? I didn't know you could get an entire book with his poems and sonnets." Hermione instantly moved from her seat and went behind the witch to look at the book over her shoulder.
"What did I just say about hovering?" She slams the book shut causing the girl to jump.
"Sorry, I got a bit excited then." Hermione said retreating from the woman like a small puppy with its tail between its legs. Bella felt slightly guilty.

"Don't break it." The witch warned carefully passing the book to the girl who's eyes lit up instantly as she carefully took the book in her hands. It felt so delicate in her hands, one wrong movement and she might break it. The book and pages looked so old and warn, and the writing was actually hand written not typed, Hermione glanced at the woman, who smiled smugly.
"Is this..."
"The one and only." She nods and Hermione gasps. "How?" Bella smirks accepting the book back. "Wouldn't you like to know..." she chuckles tapping the hard cover with her nails.
"If you promise not to break it you can borrow it when I'm done." She said, and Hermione shook her head, " Oh I couldn't, I'd never forgive myself if I were to damage it anyway, I really appreciate the offer though but I'd just be too frightened."

Bellatrix thought for a moment, studying the girl before her then made her decision.
"I suppose I could read it out loud..." Hermione's face instantly lit up and it filled the older woman with happiness, It reminded her of Narcissa and how she would get excited as a child. "Really?" Hermione asked and the woman nodded.
"I don't like being interrupted though, so you must be quiet and don't fidget either, it's distracting." She warned before opening the book and deciding on what piece to read. She glanced at the girl who sat at the edge of the sofa.
"Get comfortable now, I don't want you moving around whilst I read." Hermione did as was told, smiling as she came to learn the woman was indeed bossy.