The voice

Whilst deep in thought the witch remained oblivious to the gentle hum that filled the air, it was only when the humming turned to singing that Hermione was snapped out of her thoughts and instantly enchanted by the beautiful alluring voice.

Hermione arose to her feet, half tempted to follow the sound, logically thinking she doesn't know the forest all that and could easily get lost if she'd wandered to far, but at the same time that voice was very inviting. Hermione glanced back towards the way she'd came, then towards where the sound was coming from. Normally she'd take the more logical side, but something was drawing her to this sound.
The witch darted in the direction of the voice, finding her speed increase as the voice got louder.
Hermione wasn't entirely sure where she was going or why she was going but something was drawing her there. The voice was drawing her there.

The closer Hermione got to the voice the faster her heart began to pound, and that wasn't just because she'd run all the way here. She came to a stop near what appeared to be a lake in the middle of the forest and the voice echoed all around but the culprit of the singing was nowhere in sight. Hermione noticed the large oak tree near the edge of the lake and wondered if that's where the culprit was hiding. She carefully began her short journey, hoping to catch a glimpse of the owner of such a mesmerising voice.
As she got closer her footing got sloppy and the branch beneath her foot snapped echoing which resulted in silence of the singing. A sharp exhale of breath could be heard from near the tree and Hermione's eyes widen when she realises the culprit was indeed behind the tree.  She reached for her wand just incase before clearing her throat.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you. I just wanted to say you have a lovely voice." Hermione mentally cursed herself and how pathetic she sounded right there. She was met with silence and sighed frustratedly.
"Look I'm sorry if I scared you, that really wasn't my intention. I just got caught up in your voice..." oh my god Hermione stop talking!

A giggle however caught Hermione's attention.
The witch smiles.
"I'm Hermione by the way." She said, hoping to get a response. But she didn't, and decided it was now of never. She quickly made herself around the tree only to see nothing. Hermione stops completely bamboozled as to what just happened. A giggle coming from behind her caught her attention as she snapped her head around in that direction only to see a large stone that definitely wasn't there before.
She carefully approached the stone, hand clutching at her wand. She frowns as she inspects it, only to find nothing there. She glances back towards the tree, or rather where the tree was and furrows her brows further. The tree had vanished.
Another giggle echoed around her and Hermione was baffled beyond belief, just what had she gotten herself into this time.

The witch heared rustling behind her and spun around at the ready only to see a little black bird hoping across the ground.
"I don't suppose you know what's going." The witch sighs lowering her wand.
"I haven't the foggiest idea." The witch jumped, glancing back at the bird.
"Did-Did you just speak?" She asked the small feathered creature who tilted its head to the side, Hermione chuckled.
"May I am going mad." She sighs
"All the best people are love." Hermione spun around to see Bellatrix sitting on a wooden bench?
"How did you...where did you...is that a bench?" Hermione furrows her brows, she had too many questions floating around her head about this entire situation.
"It is yes. Who were you talking to?" Bella asks.
"Hmm? Oh a bird." Hermione said nodding towards the bird behind her. Bella glanced behind the witch then arched her brow.
"What bird love?"
"The little blackbird..." Hermione stopped when she saw that there was nothing behind her.
"Now it's one thing to talk to a bird, but to talk to an imaginary bird, honestly Hermione." The woman smirks.
"No no the bird was just there, it was talking to me!"
"Oh really, Hermione." The woman tutted.
"No it was honestly, it was just right here." The witch points at the ground where the little bird previously stood. She began looking around to see if she could find the bird, but the chuckling from Bella caught her attention.
"You did see it didn't?"
"I haven't the foggiest idea of what you're talking about pet." She smirked.

Then the penny dropped.

"It was you wasn't it!" That was more of a statement rather than a question.
"All of this was you, the tree the rock, the bird! I should have known." Hermione was more frustrated with herself than the woman before her, especially since the woman has pulled this stunt more than once. Bella remained silent though her amusement was evident on her glowing face.
"I'm glad you find it funny, that makes one of us at least!"
"Oh come now Love, you're getting far too worked up over this. Come give Bella a hug, you'll feel better." The woman opens her arms but Hermione with her surge of confidence flipped the woman off, earning a mortified gasp from the witch.
"Hermione Granger, that will not be tolerated in my presence!"
"Oh Bella, come now you're getting far to worked up over this. Come give me a hug, you'll feel better." Hermione smiles opening her arms. The woman however folds her arms and arches her brow.
"You young lady are getting far to cheeky for your own good."

Hermione smiles as she approaches the woman
"I'm cheeky? You are the cheekiest person I have ever met." She stopped just in front of the dark witch, "And the most mischievous." She adds.
"All apart of the charm love." Bella smiles, looking up at the younger witch. Hermione examined the woman's smiling face, noticing the little strand that separated from the rest. Without thinking Hermione reached up and tucked it behind the woman's ear. She slowly moved her hand across the woman's smooth skin and cupped her cheek.
"You really have no concept of personal space do you?" The woman whispers, bringing the other witch back to her senses.
"Not when it comes to you I don't." Bella's eyes widen, and so does Hermione's at the boldness of her words.

Sorry for the long wait my dears 🙈 thank you all for sticking with me. I'm back now and intend to update as much as I can. Stay well and safe xx