Torture

Hermione followed the group, her mood not so happy at the new addition. Don't get it wrong, Hermione liked professor Mcgonagall a great deal, admired and respected her, but that didn't mean she liked the current situation. Bellatrix happily lost in conversation as they walked arm in arm ahead of the group.
What were they even talking about? Nope it didn't matter, to think about it would only add salt to Hermione's wounds.

Of course Bellatrix would be taken with her, why wouldn't she be? Not to mention she has far more to offer Bellatrix than Hermione did. And she was older, more experienced with life.
Nope, this was not going to be a fun event. With those pair tormenting her, laughing and sharing looks with each other. No this was going to be torture.
"Hey why so glum chum?" Draco nudged his friend, curious as to why she sent a deathly glare in everyone's direction.
"Hmm, oh nothing. Just got lost in my own thoughts." She faked a chuckle, followed by a fake smile.
"Yeah, that might work on your other friends, however I can see right through the lies." Damn him to hell and back.
"So what's really bothering you?"
"Doesn't matter, what matters is we're here and we haven't made a bet." Now he saw a glimpse of his friends mischief and returned the smile. It was a diversion he knew, but she'd tell him when she wanted to. He wasn't about to push her into a conversation she clearly didn't want to have, so for now he'll leave it go.

Hermione hadn't realised just how much stairs there were, it was worse than Hogwarts by far. Her calves ached, she'd definitely expect to have muscles like the hulk after this. Draco had found one of his other friends, (the name was already long forgotten, being of little interest to Hermione at this point) he tagged along, Hermione didn't mind of course, and she appreciated how they tried to include her in their conversation though she really wished they didn't. Finally they reached their seats, and no surprises they were the best of the best.

Was that professor Dumbledore?
"Ah there you are my dear, Severus and I thought you'd gotten lost..." It most definitely was Albus Dumbledore, he'd stopped his sentence when his eyes fell on the woman Minerva happily walked alongside. Hermione felt that, having been rendered speechless by Bellatrix so many times herself.
"My, my, Bellatrix how delightful it is to see you, my dear." Hermione found herself feeling rather sick as Albus called Bellatrix his dear, and what made matters worse was the warm smile she gave him in return.

Hermione looked elsewhere, she couldn't watch as the man approached the witches. She could hear the chatter, and tried her very best to zone out, eyes roaming over everyone in the stand, all oblivious to her wandering eyes, save one. She swallowed, she'd caught the gaze of Professor Snape. He glanced at the Malfoys who were deep in conversation with Albus and Minerva, even Draco was having a chat with his Headmaster. Then his eyes drift back to the girl who excluded herself from the happy bunch and arched his brow.
Normally she'd be amongst them, very much enjoying the socialisation, and he knew it. He'd always make a snide comment about her talkative and know it all nature.

She also knew he wouldn't be the type to mention it, least of all to her. He'd just make it known that he knew something was up. So quite quickly Hermione wormed her way back over to the group, thankfully Draco involved her in his debate with what's his name?
Finally everyone took their seats, Hermione far more at ease when Professor Mcgonagall took her seat between Professor Snape and Dumbledore, though when Bellatrix sat beside Professor Snape, her heart sunk. Great. No doubt Narcissa would want to sit the other side of her sister. Hermione sat next to Draco, near the end of the row, though a certain four legged creature was quite content on getting her attention. Bellatrix chuckled as the little raccoon ran across Narcissa and Draco to get to her.
"It would appear Apollo misses your presence dove." Her voice carried to Hermione, and the girl couldn't hide her smile as she ran her fingers through his fur. He chitters in response, then made himself quite comfortable on her lap.
"Hermione dear, would you mind terribly if we were to swap seats." Hermione looked up at Narcissa, slightly confused.
"I think she wants to sit by dad." Draco wriggled his brows at the girl, then frowned at the swift smack to his arm, rubbing it.

Hermione happily obliged and soon took her new seat beside Bellatrix who greeted her with a warm smile.
"How will we ever survive when you go back to school?" Bellatrix ran her hands through her companions fur, he chittered in response not daring to move from the brunettes warm lap.
"I fear the feeling is mutual." Hermione mumbled more to herself though Bellatrix heard her quite clearly. Something tugged inside Bellatrix, what she wasn't sure but the atmosphere shifted.

Hermione couldn't help but notice Bellatrix tense, the game hadn't even begun yet, then again Bellatrix didn't even like quidditch so that was highly unlikely to be the cause of her discomfort.
Hermione watched as Severus leaned into the woman and whispered something to her, Bellatrix responded in a hushed voice. His face remained as emotionless as ever, though Hermione could tell something wasn't quite right.