Chapter 11

The early morning sun shone through the cracks in the curtains, highlighting certain parts of the room. The two witches lay sound asleep wrapped up in each other's embrace. The little raccoon lay sleeping at the bottom of the bed, curled up in a ball and snoring softly.

The small flickers of light find their way to Hermione's eyes, causing the young witch to stir, she flickers her eyes a moment, adjusting them to the limited morning light that peered through her red curtains, creating a red glow throughout the room. The first thing to catch her attention was the mass of raven curls displayed on her pillow inches away from her own face where the woman lay sound asleep facing Hermione. Some of the woman's rebellious hair escaped its braid covering both the pillow and parts of the woman's face.
Hermione found herself studying the sleeping form, and finding comfort in the closeness of the witch. The pair were so close Hermione could feel the woman's warm breath on her neck as she breathed softly. It was wild to imagine the trust this woman must have in Hermione already, especially after all the rumours she had heard. Rumours, that's all they were, spread around by the people who didn't get the chance to be apart of the woman's inner circle. People who don't know her, or get to see her in one of her more fragile states, like now. Looking at her now she looked innocent, so at peace with the world. Almost child like.

Hermione had begrudgingly pulled herself away from the woman laying asleep in her bed, her mind was far too intrusive for her to remain next to the beauty so she decided a cold shower would do. As soon as the ice cold water hit the witch's back Hermione did her best not to scream at the sudden shock to the system and quickly turned the temperature up. She hoped this bloody weather would stop soon, not because she didn't enjoy sharing the bed with the woman, but because she enjoyed it too much. That was the problem. The brunette sighs as she leaned her head against the wall.
"She's only ever going to see me as her nephews best friend who has nowhere else to go."

Meanwhile Bellatrix began to stir, she stretched out her legs beneath the sheet before stretching her arms out, a smile gracing her lips.
"Good morning Apollo." The woman opens her eyes to be greeted by the little creature. Apollo chitters as he grabbed a handful of hair in his tiny hands.
"Leave it go." The woman chuckles, gently prying her hair from the mischievous creatures hands. The little bandit tried to make a run for it when the woman scooped him up and ruffled the fur on his head.
"You are a little mischief maker." She held the little raccoon tightly when a little head popped outside the bathroom door. It was a dripping wet Hermione, looking very sheepish.

"I kinda thought you'd still be asleep... and I haven't got a towel."
The woman merely smiles
"I assume your towels are kept in the bottom drawer of the wardrobe?" The woman didn't wait for an answer, already knowing that's were all the towels in the guest rooms were kept.
Hermione figured it was pointless to answer, she clearly knew where they were kept.
"Thank you." Hermione smiles before quickly shutting the door, taking a deep inhale, before exhaling, trying to calm herself down. Chuckling from the other side of the door however sped her heart back up,
"I'm assuming you need these clothes that are  folded up on the chair next to your wardrobe."
"Shit..." Hermione mumbles under her breath, she certainly did need those clothes.
"It's alright dove, I'm going to have a shower myself, I shall see you at breakfast." The woman said then the door could be heard opening and closing. The young witch released a breath she wasn't aware she was even holding, Hermione had no idea what had come over her, she's changed in front of other women plenty of times, well she had to in her dorm. And Molly didn't really give her much choice when she takes her measurements for a Christmas jumper, not once had she really felt conscious about her body, until now. Until the thought of Bellatrix seeing her in her Birthday suit almost gave her a heart attack. Why was Bellatrix different to any of the others?

***

That day Hermione decided to keep her distance from the woman but only found herself longing for the woman's company all the more. For the first time she felt quite lonely, Draco was off with his dad, Narcissa had one of those meetings with her 'friends' and Bellatrix...well Bellatrix was currently the reason Hermione found herself in the forestry not far from the house. She was trying to get her thoughts together. Looking back over her time spent at the Malfoy house, she went from being a preserved and shy girl to someone who tried to kiss a woman twice her age at every chance she gets. Her best friend's aunt, need she remind herself, as if the situation wasn't already bad enough. The woman is oblivious
to everything apparently, yet has formed a strange attachment to the current frustrated witch, which made nothing easier. In fact it only made Hermione more confused about her unexplainable sudden attraction to a woman, to Bellatrix, and her strong need to be with said woman. It wasn't like anything she'd experienced before.

Whilst deep in thought the witch remained oblivious to the gentle hum that filled the air, it was only when the humming turned to singing that Hermione was snapped out of her thoughts and instantly enchanted by the beautiful alluring voice.