I won't tell a soul

The rain was howling against the windows and Bellatrix was wide awake, she couldn't sleep. Every loud bang had her jumping out of her bed. Apollo did his best to try and ease her anxiety but it wasn't working and the little creature felt helpless, he was just dreading when the thunder started, because that was when Bellatrix was truly at her worst.

Sleeping potions didn't help the woman, so they were very much pointless to her. She'd placed a silencer on her room so no one would be able to hear the ruckus as she paced her bedroom floor heaving, she tried everything to calm herself down, but it was always the same. Storms unlocked memories she'd wanted to block away forever.

***

Hermione couldn't sleep, it wasn't the sound that was keeping her awake, but something else. Something she couldn't quite explain. There was something in the pit of her stomach telling her something was wrong, and she'd learned to trust that gut instinct a long time ago. Before however, Hermione had chance to move her door creaked open and she could just about make out a figure standing there. Lightening struck outside her window revealing the figure who jumped a mile and clutched at her chest.

It was Bellatrix.

Hermione shot up in bed.
"It's just me...I was just checking if you were alright. That you weren't frightened..." Bella said, trying not to sound frightened herself.
"I'm okay, what about you?" Hermione smiles reaching to light her candle with her wand.
"Oh I'm fine, I was just thinking and I realised you must be petrified of this storm right?"
"Well I wouldn't say petrified, I mean it's loud but..."
"It's fine to admit you're afraid Hermione, I won't tell a soul."
Intrigued Hermione decided to go along with whatever this was.
"Very well, I am terrified out of my skin." Hermione said, and the woman jumps slightly as another crash of thunder shook the house.
"That's what I thought." She swallowed, trying to not let the fear slip in.
"And you're still wide awake because you're afraid and you would feel much safer if you were not alone...isn't that right?"

Hermione couldn't hide her growing smirk as the penny dropped, Bellatrix was afraid and she came to Hermione for comfort. Hermione was more than happy her room was currently poorly lit so the woman couldn't see her facial expression.
"You read me like a book." Hermione responds,  
"I would feel much safer if you were to stay here." The brunette adds.
Bellatrix sighed before stepping fully inside followed by a chittering Apollo.
"Yes I Thought as much." The woman closes the door and quickly made her way across the room to the bed.
Hermione pulls the covers back, allowing the woman to climb in beside her.
"Oh my god you're freezing."
"Well it is a rather cold night, and your room is Baltic." Bella responds as the little raccoon made himself comfortable pressed against Bella's back. The woman herself lay on her side facing Hermione who summoned more blankets.
"That's because you walk around in those skippy little nighty's."
"You think they're skimpy?" Bella looked hurt
"No I just meant that there's nothing to them to keep you warm. They do however look good on you."
"I don't have anything else." Bella admits, trying to snuggle closer to Hermione's warm body.
"That's why your room is like a sauna all the time isn't it?" Hermione asks and the woman nods. Hermione sat up and spread the blankets over the pair of them before summoning something from her wardrobe.

A squeal escaped Bella's lips at another flash of lightening followed by a loud crash.
"It's okay, it'll pass eventually." Hermione smiles as she unfolds an old baggy hoodie. She lit another candle before holding it out to the woman.
"Here put this on, might help warm you up."
"What a peculiar jumper." The woman takes it, And quickly puts it over her head, not expecting it to get stuck. Hermione chuckles as she helped the woman pull it down.
"Next time it might be easier if you put your arms in first."
"Thank you." Bella said as she lay back down, another grumble of thunder had Bellatrix jumping out of her skin, and closer to Hermione who's stomach was doing somersaults. They were soo close, with the flickering of the candles Hermione could just make out the woman's facial features.
"Am I too close?" Bella whispers before moving away after realising how close she had gotten, and Hermione found herself pulling the now tense woman closer.
"The closer we are the quicker you'll warm up." Hermione quickly said, trying to cover for her unthought out actions.
"It is rather cold." Bella whispers, relaxing against the witch. A few startles later, Bellatrix eventually drifted off to sleep after jumping awake a few times due to the noise, and Hermione fell asleep unable to believe she know held this enchantress in her arms.

No way would she have believed this would happen had you told her on the first encounter.