Chapter 12

Early the next morning found Hermione nestled up against Bellatrix both sound asleep still wearing their clothes from yesterday. Hermione had her head resting against Bella's chest, her arm draped over the woman's mid section as the brunette's leg hooked over the woman's one leg and rested in between the ravenettes lower thighs and knees. Bellatrix lay with her head on the pillow, her luxurious curls not in their usually well kept braid, instead they splayed across her pillow and even dared tangle with Hermione's own ringlets. Her arm was trapped beneath the weight of the sleeping brunette, as she lay flat across the opposite side of the bed with just her hand dangling off of the edge. There on the floor of the quiet room lay the forgotten book of last night.

The tea tray managed to keep its place at the corner of the mattress with its empty teapot and cups. Though the small plate of biscuits had spilt on the floor, the result of Hermione's fidgeting to get comfortable during the night.

***

It was 8:00 before either women began to stir, first to awaken was Hermione. Her eyes flickered open, adjusting to the light that slipped through the closed curtains. The warmth of the body beneath her brought a smile to her face as the memory of last evening came flooding back, drowning her heart in pure delight. The woman's husky voice still lingered in her mind, as she read an old Charles Dickens novel. Hermione had absolutely no intention of moving from such a comfortable position, she wasn't entirely sure what part of Bellatrix her head was currently resting on but all she could manage was to nudge her head further into the comfort of the woman's warm body. A quiet mumble escaped the woman's lips, still very much asleep she lay as still as stone the only indication she was indeed alive was the rise and fall of her chest, the odd inaudible mumble and the warmth radiating off of her. The brunette smiled against the woman's body, the mumble gave her a reason to slowly lift her head and look up at the sleeping goddess.

Rookie mistake on Hermione's part.

To say this woman was a beauty was the understatement of the century.

Hermione's eyes were fixated on the woman deep in slumber, the way her lips parted ever so slightly to release a small murmur, the way the light sneaking through the crack in the curtains highlighted her skin making the normally pale porcelain skin look unearthly, golden skin that had no right to existence on this earth. If she didn't look like a goddess before she certainly did now. Hermione had strong urges to reach up and caress the enchanted skin but daren't in fear of tainting such beauty. The way her dark ringlets splayed in endless curls across the silk pillows.
She was a picture, a pure beauty with out even trying. Hermione took a mental image to lock away in her gallery completely reserved for this woman, and this woman alone.

Her heart hurt, it wasn't built to witness and experience such strong emotions over a woman she's known for a few weeks. It wasn't prepared for this it all.
"Did anyone ever tell you, it's rude to stare?" The husky voice broke Hermione out of her trance only to make her heart rate increase twenty to the dozen. Her voice was so husky if Hermione wasn't already lying down she'd fear her legs would give way. She'd woken up to this woman a few times now, but never in the woman's room, and the light never hit her quite like this, and if Hermione didn't breath soon she'd pass out. Hermione took a deep breath and exhaled, eyes never leaving the woman's face.
"You become more peculiar each day." The woman smiles closing her eyes once more.
"Good morning." Hermione whispers, the woman chuckles, driving Hermione wild.
"Good Morning Dove." She sighed, opening her eyes to meet the brunettes.
"How did you sleep?"
"Like a baby...or teddy bear I should say, given you held onto me all through the night." The witch smiles, Hermione blushed slightly at that, despite how very true it was.
"How did you sleep dove?"
"Very well, best teddy I've ever had." She smiles earning another chuckle from the woman. Hermione couldn't help but smile as the woman turns her face away, chuckling huskily at those words.
"Well I hate to break it to you, but your teddy bear needs to go to the powder room to freshen  up for the day."
"My teddy bear?" Hermione smirks, her heart on the verge of exploding. Hermione knew nothing was meant by those words, not really but just hearing 'your teddy bear' knowing Bellatrix was the teddy bear, and that she was hers sent the young witch's heart soaring.

Bellatrix didn't respond instead she just hummed, then closed her eyes once more.
Hermione's heart stopped, the woman didn't deny it. She took another deep breath, knowing she needed to get a grip of herself. She was probably reading far too much into this entire relationships, but this woman...it made her feel ecstatic. Hermione buried her head back into the woman's chest and wrapped her arms around the woman who in response placed her hand tenderly on the back of the brunettes head, and her other came to loosely rest on Hermione's back. The brunette tightened her grip on the woman, using her leg nestled between the woman's thighs to adjust her position, covering more of the ravenette's body with her own.
"Now you're just being wicked." Bellatrix said, the brunette smiled against the woman's body, she'd purposely trapped the woman beneath her, not wanting to let her go just yet.
"Just 10 more minutes, it's not as if we have anywhere to be at..." for the first time that morning she glanced at the bedside clock.
"Half past six, see look how early it is. Not even Apollo is awake yet." She said glancing down at the little racoon sound asleep at the foot of the bed. Bellatrix sighs, a smile creeping onto her face.
"Fine, but I really do need to go to the bathroom first." Hermione grumbled as she reluctantly detached herself from the woman, watching as the chuckling woman got up from the bed and crossed the room to the bathroom.
"Don't look so disappointed, I won't be long." She smiles, and amused twinkle in her eyes before finally entering and closing the door behind her. The brunette moaned frustratedly as she collapsed onto her front, burying her face into the woman's cushions, both of which were laced with her intoxicating scent.

"What am I going to do...?" Hermione mumbled to herself.