Chapter 13

Hermione was the one to cave, giving in to the want and need of her body beside her own. It was 2:30 the following morning when she finally slipped out of bed, her bare feet touching the cold floor sending shivers throughout her entire body. She quickly made her way across her room to the door before slowly opening it, checking the hallway for any onlookers before quickly and quietly scurried across to the ravenettes room. She didn't knock, instead Hermione opened it slowly, slipping inside the room then closed it quietly.
Hermione turned towards the bed, the room was in complete darkness and she could barely make out the bed and it's still occupant.

She reached for her wand to create a light, instantly cursing herself when she realised she'd left it on the bedside table. Now she'd have to fully trust her navigation in the dark.
Hands out in front of her she made her way towards the bed, only when she was a foot away did the candles light them selves, revealing a very alert Bellatrix, wand at the ready. Hermione smiled sheepishly before lowering her hands and stood up straight.
Bellatrix quirks her brow, placing her wand back in its place.

"Hi." Hermione whispers, very glad that the floor was warm unlike her own and the one in the hall.
"Hi." Bella whispers in response, a smile forming on her lips. Without asking the girl, Bellatrix flicked back the covers and Hermione instantly leapt at the invitation. She snuggled into the warmth and her heart skipped a beat when the woman beside her chuckled.
"Are you comfortable now?" She quirked her brow with a smile tugging at her lips.
"Almost." Hermione said, inching closer to the warmth of the woman's body. Bellatrix lay down herself, and pulled the covers up over them, gasping as she was instantly pulled into an embrace.
"Now I'm comfortable." Hermione whispers against the woman's skin as she nudged her head into the crook of Bella's neck. The ravenette swallows, surprised by the abrupt action, though soon settled and rested her head atop of Hermione's. The brunette draped her arm around the woman stomach, and her leg hooked itself between Bella's, the ravenette managed to free her arm and wrap it protectively around the girl. Hermione murmured a good night, yawning as she did so.
"Goodnight little one." Bellatrix spoke, her voice soft and gentle then much to Hermione's surprise she felt the woman place a kiss on top of her head.

***

The next morning found Hermione reluctantly leaving go of Bellatrix, who insisted they get ready, not wanting to keep the others waiting.
Finally Bellatrix managed to shoo the girl away, despite her protest and began getting herself ready.
Hermione trudged about her room, gathering her clothes for the, not at all impressed with the absence of the woman. She didn't quite know what had came over her, especially in the last day but she really did crave the woman's presence right now. She was like a drug, and Hermione was hooked.

Downstairs everyone was waiting for Hermione so the could start breakfast then leave ready for the match. Narcissa continued to glance at the empty chair, worry slowly seeping in. Hermione Granger was never normally this late.
"Has anyone spoken to Hermione this morning?" She glanced around the table.
"Yes, she's perfectly fine Cissy dear. Probably excited about the game and forgot she needs to eat. She was so excited last night poor little dear couldn't sleep." Bellatrix reached for her tea and took a sip, just as the girl in question walked through her door, cheeks bright pink.
"I'm so sorry I'm so late, I lost track of time." Hermione quickly made her way to her seat.
"Oh that's quite alright Hermione, Bellatrix did mention how excited you are." Narcissa smiles, her nerves more at ease.
Draco smirked, nudging his friend in the side.
"So excited you couldn't sleep."
Hermione's eyes shot to Bellatrix who was completely oblivious to her gaze and continued to sort Apollo's already messy face out.
"Don't look so embarrassed Hermione, Draco was the same the very first time Lucius took him to a game."
"No Draco was so excited he wet himself, I don't recall Hermione doing that." Bellatrix finally joined the conversation, much to Draco's embarrassment.
Hermione snorted, nearly spitting her juice out at the new found information she certainly will use against her friend in the near future.

"I thought we agreed we wouldn't bring that up again?" Draco glared at his aunt.
"No, your parents agreed they wouldn't mention it again, I on the other hand agreed to nothing." Bellatrix smiles all to innocently.
"So Hermione, is this your first game?"
"Professionally yes, and honestly I am looking forward to it. Though I will try to restrain my excitement, I'd hate to urinate myself whilst cheering in the stands." Hermione bit back her smirk,
" I have you know, I wasn't even in the stands...we were on our way to the stands." Draco added, his chin held high. Hermione couldn't contain her laughter, which as it turns out was contagious. Bellatrix was next to join in followed by Narcissa who did try her best to contain her laughter. Lucius sniggered, his shoulders bouncing up and down as he did so.
Draco was the only one not laughing, though even he couldn't hide the grin on his lips. At the time it was immensely embarrassing, now though he supposed it was funny. Though he also knew damned well Hermione would never let him live it down. Now he needed ammunition on her.

***

At the game Hermione bumped into Harry and Ron, though despite not fully liking Malfoy themselves, they tolerated him for the likes of Hermione. Though Ron was still a little she'd stayed with them, now that made sense though. Hermione hadn't forgotten what Bellatrix had told her and her relation to Arthur Weasley. What they didn't like about Bellatrix or the Malfoy family is still very much a mystery to Hermione, after all they've been nothing but kind to her. The trio filled one another in about their holidays whilst their separate guardians had a catch up with some of their friends and acquaintances, particularly the Malfoy's who drew quite the crowd. Bellatrix however lingered in the shadows, avoiding all possible attention.