Hurdles: AU4 Chapter 4

AUTHORS NOTE: With the boards only two days away, panic sets in through out the third year residents at Edenbrook hospital- and Valerie is no different. E and V find moments of Peace wherever they can find it... But will that be disturbed when there relationship is finally called to the boards full attention? This is 'hurdles' and I hope you enjoy! :)

 But will that be disturbed when there relationship is finally called to the boards full attention? This is 'hurdles' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Valentine

"Virchow's triad? Oh! I know this I know this! Blood stasis, endothelial injury and... Pro.. ogulant tendancy?"

On a cool Saturday evening, I lay upside down on the couch at home, as Ethan stood in the kitchen cooking dinner, and testing me for boards all the while.

The perfect clash between doctor Ramsey, and Ethan...

I saw his legs first as he came over with a chuckle "sweetheart, what are you doing?"

I looked up a little, bringing my head a little from the floor and smiled "it's my thinking pose."

"I think the blood is rushing to your head."

I laughed as he pulled me up, and I sat cross legged on the chair as he said "you got all three correct. Although we need to work on is your pronunciation of that last one."

"Americans and complicated words..."

He chuckled and raised a brow as he placed the towel over his shoulders ands he said "alright. Repeat after me. Pro-"

"Pro."

"Coag."

"Coag..."

"Ulant." He raised a brow

"Ulant. Procoagulant?"

He smiled and said "excellent sweetheart. And what can Virchow's triad lead too?"

"Deep vein thrombosis." I nodded

"Very good. Now I think that's enough testing for one night...how are you feeling?" He asked as he stroked my hair

"Nervous...I feel prepared, but... anything could happen during that exam. Anything could knock me off my game...I just want to get a perfect score. Just like you did...."

He sat down with a soft sigh, and ran his arm across the back of the couch behind me and said "I don't want you putting that pressure on yourself, Valerie. Yes, anything could happen. But you have prepared yourself for this, and worked so hard...as I've told you before, I'm not going to tell you that I know you'll get a perfect score. Because I don't know that. But what I do know, is you're going to make me proud no matter what. Because you worked for it..."

He brought his hand to my cheek, and I pressed a soft kiss on his palm "I'd rather have you proud actually..."

He smiled and said "Then you already have that, rookie..."