Damage Control: AU4 Chapter 37

AUTHORS NOTE:  Who could possibly fall asleep the night after finding they're going to be a father? Certainly not Ethan Ramsey, who finds himself in an excited frenzy that he makes use of by organizing a special surprise for Valerie. Soon enough though, the bubble of domestic bliss is pierced once the two doctors arrive at Edenbrook to find that a surgery led by Bryce and Aaron Tanaka could be leading to a massive lawsuit; but is there more to the supposed surgical error than meets the eye? This is 'Damage Control' and I hope you enjoy! :)

 Soon enough though, the bubble of domestic bliss is pierced once the two doctors arrive at Edenbrook to find that a surgery led by Bryce and Aaron Tanaka could be leading to a massive lawsuit; but is there more to the supposed surgical error than...

Ethan

"Now, keep your eyes closed."

"They are closed, just make sure I don't bump into anything!"

I chuckled "Of course, just hold on to me tightly."

I'm going to be a father.

For a man that has little expression, the past 16 hours have felt entirely alien to me as I have been scattered with nothing but excitement and dare I say even my own form of 'giddiness'; a personal high that hasn't wavered nor settled for a single moment since the first shock of the announcement calmed. 

'Stoic' is usually the term used to describe me, and it is not often a charade; It's usually who I am; and its safe to say that anyone who knows me or knows of my reputation most importantly would be perplexed at the smile on my face which as lingered, rather than its usual flash by on only rare instances.

But I think anyone who finds out they are going to be a father has every right to appear like a glee idiot, just for a little while at least.

The morning after back at home in Beacon Hill, Carefully I guided Valerie down the downstairs, her eyes tightly shut, when she asked "Just how long have you been awake for and how much coffee have you had?"

I smiled to myself "I didn't sleep. I left the house at about 6.30 and I've had... Two coffees. That is in some-ways my usual morning."

"Yes, but the whole point in having a morning at home is to not leave the house at 6.30." she laughed

I kissed the back of her crown from where I was behind her, carefully guiding each step "Normally I'd agree, but this isn't just any morning at home, and since sleeping was impossible last night, leaving to do something productive is exactly what I needed. Now, are you sure your eyes are closed Rookie?"

"Yes yes, I'm sure! It's pitch black here."

"Hm, very well, I trust you. Almost there..."

Valentine

Finally, we had come to a halt, my eyes tightly squeezed shut as I said "Come on the suspense is killing me!"

I felt his chuckle against my back as he said "Go on then, open your eyes."

Since I was physically dragged out of bed, my eyes were a little glazed over and shocked by the daylight once they opened- before after a couple of blinks the fuzziness started to disappear