Amore: AU4 Chapter 13

AUTHORS NOTE: The second and final part of Ethan and Valeries honeymoon takes us to chapter where the newlyweds spend the day exploring italy and embracing this time they have together...all the while trying to come to terms with the fact that when they return to boston, things will be very different. Meanwhile back at Edenbrook, fall has arrived and the early shift is no fun for james monroe. Maria has a few choice words about what happened with tobias, while adam asks for some brotherly advice. this is 'Amore' and I hope you enjoy! :)

 this is 'Amore' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Ethan

Italy.

Everything has been perfect.

I had no doubt it would be, because I get to be in this paradise with the single most important person in my life.

Valerie.

soaking in sunrays, choosing when to sleep or when to wake, trying every form of pasta and coffee, and yet not getting tired of it. Feeling...a new sense of passion. a new sense of relaxation and renewal. I know when we return to edenbrook from all this, i'll be ready to take things back on.

But, I'm trying not to think about that right now.

Not when there's still so much left for us to experience here....

Out on the balcony, sitting stretched out on one of the couches, i had Valerie situated between my legs and her head against my shoulder, we basked in some of the early morning light of genoa, a cup of coffee steeping, and spreading its aroma sitting on the table.

I sighed and kiss her crown as i said "Do you hear that?"

she curled up and smiled to herself before tilting her head back to look up at me "mmm...the no noisy interns? no doctors or nurses asking for something or other...no chaos, no 'code blue!'  being yelled or- as a matter of fact, nothing in that field?"

i chuckled and nodded "precisely. i never thought i'd enjoy it so much..."

she place a kiss to my forearm wrapped around her and said "i know...i've noticed your brow creases have cut down considerably over the last few days...you look strange without them."

"is that so?"

she giggled and looked up to me again "not in a bad way. i love you with or without your creases, sometimes you look extra adorable with them."

"well lucky for me and my skin, I'm not aiming for 'adorable'. i'll be having wrinkles soon enough."

she rolled her eyes at that with a smile "so modest, doctor ramsey. you're undeniably adorable."

"then you're the only one that sees it."

cupping my jaw, she kissed the bottom of my chin and murmured "good, because otherwise id get incredibly, incredibly jealous..."