Always: AU4 Chapter 11

AUTHORS NOTE: Ethan and Valerie are finally married! so in todays chapter, join them in celebrating their union with their friends and family! There's surprises, there's speeches, there's stories and walks down memory lane...you wont want to miss the romance. this is 'Always' and i hope you enjoy! :)

 this is 'Always' and i hope you enjoy! :)

Valentine

I'm married.

It's starting to settle in now.

I'm actually, married.

It's what fairy tales are made of. As a child, I read the stories and loved them- how the main characters always get their happy ending, and get to live together happily ever after..

And while I'm aware the life we lead means that 'happilly ever after' Is what we make it in life- I know that this love, and this feeling is our happily ever after.

There's no more being alone. No more fighting battles alone, no more wandering and searching only to never find what you truly want.

Because we have it now. And for me? Having that feeling of knowing that I'm with someone who truly loves me and has been with me through the thick and thin...

That's the only kind of happily ever after I could ever need.

After taking a few pictures to commentate the service at the church, Ethan and I with our corresponding parties headed to the Marriott for the after reception, get to meet the rest of our guests, and enjoy the first afternoon of finally being married.

Just the two of us in one car, our hands sat interlaced, our conversation flicking between 'oh my god we're married!' to any other topic that took our fancy.

I smiled and looked up to him "you know, this is going to be the one party social event that we probably shouldn't ditch early..."

He chuckled at that' and nodded slowly "yes you're right... since it is our own reception."

Moving my mantilla to one side a little (I can't wait to take this off in a little while, it's gorgeous but gets so heavy) I rested my head to his shoulder and said "exactly. But then after, I cannot wait for it to be just me and you....."

Leaning to kiss my forehead softly he said "me either. An afternoon of social graces is more than worth it for what's to come."

I looked to our hands, his hand finally bearing his ring inscribed with my words of adoration on the inside- my smile not faltering at all today.

I think I've smiled so much I'll have smile lines by the morning....

And when I looked up to see his eyes on me, it's a smile we shared as I leaned up a little and cupped his cheek with my other hand and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. His lips brushing a soft one to my cheek. Delicate all the while...