Confetti: AU4 Chapter 35

AUTHORS NOTE: After months of planning, it's finally the day of  the Edenbrook Charity Fundraiser Fair! Ethan prepares to run the marathon with a few unlikely other contestants, while Valerie has a surprise for the children at the hospital, and prepares to take part in her own competition with Bryce and James- who has a few visitors from out of town. While there is plenty to celebrate, tensions also run high as this is the last chance for Ethan to win the favor of his departments, else Leland Bloom will have a new and stronger hold on Edenbrook... This is 'Confetti' and I hope you enjoy! :)

 This is 'Confetti' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Valentine

Today is the day.

The day that we break away from the confinements of work that have trapped us for weeks that felt endless, and enter our own world for escapism.

The pressures of work are far, far away... And some pressures, cease to exist. Especially now that the fundraiser fair that has been months in the works, is finally happening today.

And that's where our escapism is coming from.

Of course, it has to go without a hitch first, but I've always tried to be an optimist for the sake of the one and only pessimistic doctor Ethan Ramsey... So I think right now is the time for celebrating.

That same pessimistic doctor Ethan Ramsey was reaping the rewards of my optimism this morning as he- in his best efforts, was trying to go to edenbrook to pick up some papers he left behind and pick up some coffee.

Okay, I might be being overly optimistic because he's not actually trying at all. Instead he's very happily underneath me as I kissed his lips, reminding him just how much I've missed having him around while he's been busy these few months.

His hands moving and gripping my sides betrayed what he murmured between interlocked lips "I have to go.. we have a long day..."

"Hmmm okay..."

And even when I went to slow things down, it was he that was relentless.

I laughed into his touch and He chuckled lowly "you make things impossible. We both have things to be doing might I add..."

I moved and kissed his jaw "And they will be done. But 5 minutes won't hurt... right?"

He chuckled again and tilted his face back to mine "it's never 5 minutes with you V..."

I kissed his ear "Then indulge for longer than 5 minutes..."

He sighed as I moved my touch down his neck "I'm... running out of excuses."

I laughed as I parted and looked to him "you only had one. Besides I have many counter arguments... Such as the many busy late nights... Busy schedules and opposite schedules. This is the first day in over a month where we have little to worry about..."