Old Habits: AU4 Chapter 23

AUTHORS NOTE: New year, new challenges for the edenbrook doctors... and things get off to a bumpy start. after stay quiet fir months, bloom is back with a new proposal for Ethan and the heads of department- that could either end up in mutiny or unity. meanwhile, Valerie leads the team on the case of Andrea Ploitz, a 25 year old law student who's life has been put in limbo by a condition no one can explain... this is 'Old Habits' and I hope you enjoy! :)

 this is 'Old Habits' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Ethan

"It's a new year. Which means new opportunities and a new chance for a stronger relationship, and a better edenbrook for us all. Of course, that includes our patients, your departments and staff...as well as our investors."

I sat at the head of the table in the conference room at Edenbrook an early January morning, fading  in and out of concentration as Leland Bloom made his 'pitch' during the heads of department meeting. 

Ever since what had been my first...somewhat scandal last year, and went through a court process that Naveen had to pull me out of, Blooms role at edenbrook had been scaled back as he promised.

 But, one cannot forget that he is our investor. 

Edenbrook as it is now, my job- none of it would exist without him,as much as it pains me to say it. And while we know that some of that was for personal gain....i cannot judge that decision when edenbrooks doors being open has meant many lives have been saved and changed.

So, if i have to sit in these meetings where hes present every now and again...so be it.

I don't know what hes been getting up too over the last 5, 6 months in all honesty. I know that it hasn't influenced the large world of Edenbrook, and thats where the problems were arising before. But not knowing what hes been up to, has been at the back of my mind now and again. 

especially when Caroline gave the team an ominous message not so long ago....

AU3 Chapter 44: Without Limit

"he wont admit it, but he's suffering from high blood pressure and goodness knows what else. I...I think hes sick. and he wont tell anyone because he is too focused on me.he might not even want to admit it..."

Now

But edenbrook being functional is whats important after all.

and he seems to have that interest...most of the time.

I sighed from where i sat with tented hands, before I took off my glasses and pinched the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes, trying to keep most of my thoughts at bay to avoid what would ultimately end up in a power struggle in this very room. i noticed a few others dotted around the looking either absentminded or stirring coffee that was by now luke warm at best-