Slopes: AU4 Chapter 18

AUTHORS NOTE: Up in the New Hampshire Mountains, Ethan Ramsey is confronting one of his worse fears....having a guys day out with Tobias, Bryce and james! just what will the three guys drag him into? Meanwhile, valerie spends one on one time with sienna and aurora in town, enjoying the festivities- and catching up on some well needed gossip! This is 'Slopes' and I hope you enjoy! :)

having a guys day out with Tobias, Bryce and james! just what will the three guys drag him into? Meanwhile, valerie spends one on one time with sienna and aurora in town, enjoying the festivities- and catching up on some well needed gossip! This i...

Valentine

Snow.

I have adored it ever since I was a little girl, for no real reason. Or not at least one that make sense to most people...Its beauty is almost otherworldly, and to me makes me realise just how this world is capable of such divinity, even when it seems like we're surrounded by so much darkness.

I suppose thats why when the diagnostics team was called up to do the case in dagger mountain last year, I felt that to the bone. I had seen and been through pain...I had felt like giving up. The darkness nearly all consuming. 

But then i saw the snow.

In these very mountains. Reminding me of the simplistic goodness that is still there. And suddenly? the world didnt seem like such a deep dark place any more...

But, of course the less detailed answer as to why i love it so much, is that its gorgeous.

And i could stand and look at it falling or settling forever.

I wasnt too restless when I had woken up, i just had no interest in lying in for too long when i could get ready for the day, another day of exploration, making foot prints in the crunchy white snow that had fallen quite a bit the night before- and of course get to spend time with my friends...and my ethan.

I had showered already, but ethan on the other hand who lacks the same wonder that i have, was still in bed. and hes the cutest sleeper ever.

I looked away from the double doors that had the most perfectly perfect winter scene outside, and back to him. He lay on his front, arm spread over the section i had occupied, and his hair was doing that adorable (yet sexy) floppy look, falling over his forehead, at least what i could see from where his head was slightly burrowed.

His hand searched the space for a moment, all the way around as he stirred. and stirred again. before saying "...Valerie?"

"Here."

A further stir, he moved a little to support himself o one arm and he opened his eyes and he looked to me leaning against the bathroom door.

"...good morning."

i smiled and said "good morning to you too."

raking his hair back, with his free hand, he raised a brow and spoke through a sleep laced voice he said "Now if im not mistaken, there is no need for anyone to be sneaking out this time around."