Noel: AU4 Chapter 22

AUTHORS NOTE: As Christmas Eve turns to Christmas day, follow Ethan and Valerie through their holiday festivities as Alan (better known as papa Ramsey) comes over for a memorable Christmas day. And of course we see Sienna and James as they visit his family on Christmas Eve, through a bundle of nerves and excitement. The holidays bring joy, love, hope and so much more in this year's Christmas special Noel' and I hope you enjoy! :)

 The holidays bring joy, love, hope and so much more in this year's Christmas special Noel' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Valentine

Christmas Eve always feels magical.

I will never not be in love with the storybook cliche version of Christmas, from the snow falling against a back drop of warm holiday lights, to going on walks just to see the biggest Christmas tree in the city.

Clichés are beautiful. And living them out is what makes the holidays feel so magical. Oh And well... Perfectly perfect, of course.

So, on this Christmas Eve,  Ethan I had finished our early shift at Edenbrook, come home and finished putting up the last decorations before ultimately falling asleep on the couch downstairs- and that in itself is so perfect. But now, we are getting ready to go out and enjoy Ethans Christmas gift to me.

Going to see the world famous renowned nutcracker ballet...

When I was a little girl, my parents were into literature that came from books- which sparked my obsession for the classics. But going to see the opera or ballet? Not something we could afford. Even then, I don't think my parents would have been too keen on the idea...

But now, on my... 28th Christmas Eve, as I stand In front of the mirror in the bathroom of the home I share with the man I love most in the world- preparing the go to the ballet.

Yes.

I can't help but feel today is magical...

I smoothed out my dark navy dress that flowed out from a fitting bodice, just skirting above the floor. A modest v neck, and delicate thin straps soon to be covered with my black bolero hanging up by the mirror. My hair of course, in its natural curly state, held in a half up half down style.

As I fiddled with the clasp of my necklace, I looked up in the mirror to see Ethan coming in. He stood behind me, and reached around me to take me necklace, and I moved my hair to one side as he put it on for me.

Once he did, he ran his hands over the slopes of my shoulders and kissed the curve or my neck. "My beautiful girl."

I smiled at his soft and tender kisses as I held his hand against my front. "Don't stop doing that..."

His lips quirked before kissing further up to behind my ear. "I'm going to have to, else we'll be late. But since I have a feeling you're going to be a distraction this evening, expect a continuation."

I giggled and laced my hand with his "I won't be an intentional distraction, I promise."

"Hm. Even so, I'm going to have to do my absolute best to keep my eyes on the performance." He kissed the back of my head before reaching over and taking my bolero for me and helping me out that on too.