Validation: AU4 Chapter 8

AUTHORS NOTE: It's boards results day. some doctors will finish their shifts with their heads held high, and others will be cleaning out their lockers... for Valerie Valentine, more is on the line, when the boards not only determine her future as a doctor- but whether or not Madeline Cantwell thinks she is suitable enough for the position of Director of the diagnostics team. Ethan is there to support her the whole way, while the rest of the gang start their own new adventures... this is 'Validation' and I hope you enjoy! :)

 this is 'Validation' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Ethan

September is already passing by faster than I can comprehend. Which...I for one, couldn't be more grateful for.

Because in just under 2 weeks, I'll be getting married.

I'm already starting to feel nervous. The kind of nervous I felt when I proposed to Valerie back in march. We've waited so long, and now two weeks seems... So trivial, compared to what's going to happen next.

But as V and I are also aware, not so long after, our suspension will be implemented, and I can't help but hope once that is over, that things will start to back to normal around here.

Especially for Valerie.

Tomorrow, is results day. Meaning... A variety of things. One, that Valerie is officially attending. And my god am I proud of her. She's grown in more ways than one, and she's finally getting to the place she wants. It also means that the diagnostics team may or may not be falling into her hands...

Knowing V, if Madeline decides to not authorise the transfer, it's going to knock every bit of confidence out of her. The confidence that took so long to develop. Not only that, it's going to cause some problems in her social life- the other third years who have been less than kind to her upon finding out about our relationship.

There's going to be a lot of change going on around here by the time the year is up. And I hope that's change we're all ready for.

It was getting late now, and I decided to finish up my computer work for the night. I could feel my eyes straining against the screen. In what I can imagine will end up being futile efforts, I got up with a sigh and decided to crack my office window open to let some Cooling breeze in to wake me up, even if just for a moment. And just as I was about to sit down again, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in."

As I sat down and looked up, I saw Valerie entering and my eyes widened as I stood up again "V...I thought you went home."

She shook her head with a sigh as she leaned against the door to close it. "No...I was going too. But I needed to stay busy."

"Worrying about tomorrow?" I raised a brow as I met her half way across the room.

"Yeah...so um-"

She held up a bag and said "since I gathered you're not going home any time soon either, I went out and got some fast food. Hungry?"