Dream A Little Dream: AU4 Chapter 9

AUTHORS NOTE: It's the week of the wedding, and with so much excitement in the air, Valerie, Ethan and their friends and family prepare themselves for the big day. Enjoy! :)

 Enjoy! :)

Valentine

I'm getting married this week.

I'm getting married in 3 and a half days...

I'm getting married!!

The excitement is starting to settle in, although I've been excited practically the whole engagement. But the jitters are becoming all too real- which I don't think is a bad thing.

I just can't believe this is finally happening for us...

Some days, I forget how we ended up here. I look around, and I see the life we have- or even the life I have. And just to get here, there was...heart break. There was lose. There was gain. There was so much love, whether we realised it or not. Love has always been the driving force and divining factor. Above it all, I suppose that no matter how we got here... I'm just glad that we are here.

But anyway! This week is to get the final things out of the way. Sienna has my dress and my veil back at the apartment with the friends, and I have my shoes here with me.

That's the most important part of the details.

But right now, I'm checking in with a couple of our guests...

First being my aunt and uncle, who looked after me while I was in California- and they are beyond excited for the big day.

I smiled as I stepped down into the kitchen area with my phone in hand on face time "auntie, you're covering the camera."

"Luis! Come, help me with this!" I heard her call out to my uncle.

I smiled and rolled my eyes as both of them were fumbling with the face time, and soon enough, both of them came into view. "There you go!"

Auntie Eloise put on her glasses, and smiled, clasping her hands together "V! Hello darling, you look so beautiful- wedding Glow, yes?"

"Like a rose dear!" Uncle Luis said

I smiled and said "well thank you, and you both look amazing! It's been so long since we spoke face to face.."

She waved it off and said "yes but email is much less complicated than all this face talk."

"Eloise, it's face time." Uncle said.

"Oh she knows what I mean! She's a doctor, very smart." She nodded

I laughed softly and Luis said "we went back to Jamaica in the summer, she was telling everyone you're a doctor."

"I'm proud Luis. I would like to see my sister have the same initiative."