Fated: AU4 Chapter 36

AUTHORS NOTE: She was the light in his dark world... he was the safety everything her inner child ever wanted. No two people, were ever more perfect for one another than Ethan Ramsey and Valerie Valentine...and in todays chapter, their lives are going to change forever. But before we get to thatThe diagnostics team takes on a time sensitive case, while Ethan and Blooms war rages on behind the scenes; This is 'Fated' and I hope you enjoy! :)

 But before we get to that, The diagnostics team takes on a time sensitive case, while Ethan and Blooms war rages on behind the scenes; This is 'Fated' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Valentine

Nearly 4 years ago now, I moved from Los Angeles to Boston after studying at UCLA. At that point, I think I was just starting to find my own way in a world that I had always walked through very cautiously. It was my auntie who always said that I was as careful as a baby bird preparing to take flight for the first time, but one with a fierce determination to make that leap into a tough, make it or break it world.

And i suppose with the relationship I had with my parents and every life lesson I had ever learnt up until that point- I had to become tough.

But yet, once i arrived in Boston, I felt like a little girl again... I felt like the baby bird but more afraid than anything else to make that leap. I remember stepping off the plane at Boston Logan, and feeling the weight of being officially on my own. But even then it wasn't until the taxi dropped me off at what was my very short lived in apartment, that I felt like a true adult at the age of 25.

With everything i have ever done, scared or otherwise, the thrill of it has always made me have a sense of enthusiasm and optimism. Even after the taxi had pulled away and my hands were shaking, clutching onto the bags i had with me, i saw the challenge of a life time ahead of me.

The internship that I didn't know then would change my life in unfathomable ways.

Little did I know that with in 2 minutes of entering Edenbrook Hospital for the first time, that I would come face to face with the enigmatic eyes of a man that would, against all the odds... be the person that would finally make me feel safe in a world that always scared that little girl that deep down inside me.

He showed the same surface as me, bruised with scrapes, but something else too... something different; A hard shell, almost impenetrable. The kind of shell that I refused to bare myself, but could've easily formed in away or another. But upon breaking the shell that encased him, I found the most wonderful soul that spoke to mine... and a connection was made that will never break; through life, death or whatever comes after.

He listened when I spoke

He soothed when i cried

He taught when I wanted to learn

He made me feel love like it was the first time anyone had been loved.

I knew early on that he was the man I wanted for the rest of my life... marriage or not, I wouldn't mind as long as he was there... he met every single criteria I had for the person that I'd feel safe enough to give myself too entirely without reservation.