Landfall: AU4 Chapter 29

AUTHORS NOTE: 30 years ago, the doctors of edenbrook hospital had to face what was then the worst tropical storm to hit the east coat... and now, a hurricane that threatens the stability of edenbrook and the Boston community travels towards land at a menacing speed...ready to throw the city into turmoil, in what's set to be a weather event more destructive than the infamous hurricane that preceded it. When catastrophe strikes, only the strongest will survive. This is 'Landfall' and I hope you enjoy :)

 This is 'Landfall' and I hope you enjoy :)

Ethan

"A Red weather warning has been issued for the Massachusetts bay area, the areas prominently being affected are: Essex county, Plymouth county and Suffolk county- the latter being expected to have the worst impact as a hurricane makes landfall after rolling in from the north Atlantic. wind speeds are expected to reach highs of 80, followed by heavy rain that will contribute to the possibility of flooding-"

 wind speeds are expected to reach highs of 80, followed by heavy rain that will contribute to the possibility of flooding-"

The beginning of what was being predicted in front of us could be heard outside. The sound of rain, softer than what was forecast for just a few hours from now, tumbled down the glass façade of edenbrook, yet the chill couldn't penetrate the inside where i stood in the diagnostics office with Valerie and James. 

Perched on the desk, Valeries  sat with her brow creased and her glasses slightly askew from the constant nervous adjusting she had been doing. James on the opposite side of her with a more pensive expression stood with his arms folded as intently we continued to watch the breaking news headlines on the interactive screen... the news reporters voice cutting through the thick layer of worry that had swallowed the room whole.

This evening before everyone was due to head home, we received mobile alerts of whats going to be a catastrophe hitting Boston. Our home, our community, our hospital...our patients.

"-It's being urged that the public cancel all travel unless necessary, with train services in Boston largely being cancelled, or having reduced timetable and All flights have been suspended and cancelled out of the area, deemed too dangerous to fly. This is a reminder that the current warning is a severe threat to life. stay in your homes unless leaving is necessary, its recommended before landfall that you collect any necessary medication and necessities including food and water. Expect possible power shortages and-"