Black Ice: AU4 chapter 19

AUTHORS NOTE: When disaster hits Boston, its all hands on deck at Edenbrook and a race to save lives... this is 'Black Ice' and I hope you enjoy! :) 

WARNING: This chapter depicts a mass casualty incident.

Ethan

And in the Chaos, there's solace.

The past few weeks at Edenbrook have been busy, as expected. As the weather gets colder, ice and snow leads to a lot of accidents- some domestic accidents too involving trees and Christmas lights-

Some bizzare, certainly. Others the usual.

But it's times like this that I have craved and missed recently: Getting to spend time with Valerie outside of edenrooks doors.

And this evening after our shift we made our way to Donahue's for the first time in .. a long while. To say hello to Reggie, to have a well deserved drink... And apparently challenge each other at a game of snooker?

She laughed from where she was at the opposite end of the table and said "Hey, I did  tell you that time that I'm pretty good with a cue. Going to med school in California, you pick up a few interesting skills."

I raised a brow as I chuckled and said "How, after all this time together, are you still an Enigma to me?"

She smiled and placed her cue upright and tilted her head "I have to keep our relationship exciting , right?"

I rolled my eyes and took my cue, leaning forwards and getting ready to aim "Sweetheart, our relationship has always been exciting...""

I hit the ball and one went in the pit and she smiled "So close yet so far. Allow me."

I smiled to myself as she circled the table, and once she got to my side, she pursed her lips and tilted hey head, before sliding between me and the table.

"You don't mind, do you doctor Ramsey? We're awfully close now..." She looked up to me.

"I don't mind at all. Do you?"

"In fact, closeness helps me concentrate, so don't stray too far."

I rolled my eyes and she smiled as she Leaned down across the table, making sure to arch her back as she slid the cue through her fingers...

Either my mind is in the gutter or this is a ploy of hers.

Either way, whatever she's doing seems to be doing the trick.

She took her shot, this time hitting two balls into their holes.

Impressive.

She leaned back up and sighed, blowing the tip of the cue softly in a character way that made me laugh.