Snowdrift: AU4 Chapter 17

AUTHORS NOTE: the whole edenbrook gang reunite for a trip up to new Hampshire, while valerie still tries to come to grasps with the anniversary of the attack- but with Ethan by her side, her worries start to melt away. James and sienna are more open with their feelings with eachother, although maria and Tobias are finding communication a little difficult...this is 'snowdrift' and i hope you enjoy! :)

this is 'snowdrift' and i hope you enjoy! :)

Ethan

Years ago, i was truly worried about trying to find a perfect balance between work and my day to day life.

I think eventually though, I did come to terms with the fact that maybe work would have to be my day to day. Eventually it started to become just that, even though i knew how much naveen dissapproved of such a conclusion.

Then, a lot of things changed after I met Valerie. Work wasnt the be all and end all. there was finally something- or more precisely someone, that i valued more than my position. The further i fell for her, the more i wondered how i would make this work... how i could be there for her in more ways than one- a boss and a partner.

But now, even as my position as chief...I think I have found that perfect balance.

...and I dont think i could be happier about that.

November brought a crispness into the air as the leaves turned, and the skies usual blue tone had dulled down by clouds of white and grey, the time of year for dressing warmer, the time of year where valerie loves to buy strange scented candles (gingerbread? marshmallows? she loves food cented candles and i dont understand it...) And of course my mind hast completely diverted off of doctor mode, even though im fully aware the colder weather is going to bring a busy season for us.

But after a lot of trial and error i was able to convince valerie to take her mental health leave- and of course i would take my owed time with her. Today is the first day of that, and while she insisted on doing some work from home, i was more going to complain too much...as long as she was out of edenbrook.

so this morning, we are spending time in beacon hill at our new place, seeing as its not long until the new owners move into our current apartment, there's plenty for us to get ready for. and one of those tasks is painting the walls of our home that certainly needs a touch up here and there.

her smile was slowly starting to return, a little tug on the corners of her lips as she painted the wall alongside me, the kind of smile one has when they're thinking of a pleasant memory. Her curls held in a ponytail somehow managed to have sprinkles of paint in them, and her hands much like mine were dusted with the cream colour that had dried and cracked.

"...you're staring." she smiled

i looked down and smiled myself "Sometimes i cant help it, you know that."

"and here's me being worried that i have a dot of paint on my nose or something." she giggled

"well actually you do, but it looks adorable so i didn't feel like saying anything." i raised a brow