Thunder: AU4 Chapter 27

AUTHORS NOTE: When a blast from the past comes calling, Ethan is put in a position where he has to make a difficult decision... but with Valerie by his side, there's nothing that could go wrong as they take it on together, and reminisce about the day they first met with a walk down memory lane. Meanwhile back at edenbrook, james keeps an eye on the diagnostics team, and wants to find out exactly what's going on with tobias and maria... This is 'Thunder', and I hope you enjoy! :)

 This is 'Thunder', and I hope you enjoy! :)

Valentine

Rain trickled down every glass pane of edenbrooks facade as people outside in the parking lot ran through puddles, holding their coats and jackets over their heads to shield them from the down pour..

To me, the rain has always been something that should be admired...not something to run and hide from.

Ive never not loved the rain.

Sienna and I walked across with a sense of calm in the dissaray, arms looped together and holding an umbrella between us as we chattered before heading back into the world of edenbrook for another day doing what we wouldnt change for the world...

this morning, Ethan dropped me off at the friends apartment for a catch up, since he had to go into work early for a meeting. more than anything im so grateful for times like this, where im not doctor valentine / doctor ramsey, instead im just... V. While i always am just V in ethans eyes too... being with my friends is a comfort we could all use.

Si and I wanted to spend some more time in the rain so we took our detour while the others dashed to work early, and our conversation flickered between everything and anything...

"I cannot believe that you, of all people, dont like valentines day! youre singly the most romantic person ive ever met- and your maiden name is-"

I laughed "Valentine, I know. But its a principle! Like my birthday. Valentines day...to have one day, its never really enough. it should be every single day... imagine how the world would be if every single person in the world loved the way they do on valentines day?"

she smiled "It would be a nice place..."

i tilted my head towards hers "exactly. but i never get in the way of the fun. I just role my eyes at the corny side of it."

"is doctor ramsey a valentines person?" she raised a brow with a knowing smile

i felt my cheeks heat "Kinda. He finds the idea corny, apart from...one aspect."

we laughed and she said "I think thats most guys thinking too."

"Mmm. what about james? this is going to be your first valentines day together."

"Oh I know! theres just so many firsts when you start dating someone for a long time, i mean... technically we've been dating for a whole year now!" her eyes widened