Baby Steps: AU4 chapter 25

AUTHORS NOTE: Life hasn't always been kind to Valerie Valentine, but now things are starting to form in her new married life and work position, the one thing she and Ethan hope they can have is a child...and with the possibility that the bioterrorism attack V was caught in the crossfire of could cause hidden long term symptoms, there's a few tests that need to be conducted before they get their hopes up...but just what will the results show? Meanwhile there's a new face at Edenbrook, James and the roomates find out about Blooms plans...and Maria and Tobias have to come face to face with something they've been avoiding. this is 'Baby steps' and I hope you enjoy! :)

 this is 'Baby steps' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Ethan

Today is the day.

The day Valerie and I find out if parenthood is really in the cards for us.

There's no reason to think that it isn't.

 At least I don't think there is

But after talking to Valerie about the topic on and off now for...along time. Even when we were engaged and toying with the idea of parenthood, I have gathered that there are many reasons as why she wants to check.

The main reason being, she wants to check that there are no side effects from the bio-terrorism attack.

...we found a cure that eradicated it from her system completely, but we're both more than aware there was a crucial 24 hours where it was wreaking havoc on her system. It's something we've never come across before, and I hope we never will again. But the question remains... Is there a possible long term symptom?

My Valerie is a worrier. And while I've tried to reassure her, I know often that's futile...I've made sure in the past if there's any developments on the case, the CDC will contact me directly. And when I pestered them on the 1 year anniversary in November, they said there had been no reason in their research to suggest that the drug would cause long term problems. Apart from her trauma, which they seem to forget through wilful ignorance.

Still. No matter what happens today, it changes things yes... But never things between us. I loved Valerie valentine even when I was certain I didn't want children...and she loved me. So of course I'm always going to support her with open arms..

Today is actually Vs day off while I'm at work, which is what's going to make things more challenging... To not raise brows as to why she's in work regardless, and to get her to her appointment without questions-  The plan is to get her through this as discreetly as possible...

....Which won't be possible in the first place if I can't find where my wife is in the first place.

I had woken up before her, gotten ready for the day, and by the time I returned to the bedroom she had made the bed and disappeared..

With no sign of her downstairs, my last option was the rooftop.

I pulled on my coat and went up the next flight of stairs, before opening out onto the rooftop garden... And there I saw where she sat, curled up on the bench watching the sunrise...