Impulse: AU4 chapter 24

AUTHORS NOTE: After a short hiatus, AU4 is back! Ethan and V have a heart to heart about the future as big decisions are being made at home, the diagnostics team pursue Andreas case until the end, and James has a visitor that stirs up some drama. meanwhile, Leland and Richard are working relentlessly to knock Ethan of his 'A' game....this is 'Impulse' and I hope you enjoy! :)

this is 'Impulse' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Valentine 

From the  moment I decided I was going to stay up light last night, I knew I was going to regret it.

But my head has just been so full that last night I thought I might burst. So, I set aside the evening to process... everything. Everything in my life that is making my head a maze.

To just think.

I can't remember the last time i have had a chance to do that. 

And now that morning has reared its head, I feel exhausted. which is why I couldn't be happier that I have some time off this morning, to not only catch up on that sleep... but to come up with a more stable plan for how I'm going to help the diagnostics' teams patient, Andrea.

Lying tangled up in the sheets on my stomach. i hugged my pillow to my face with the feeling of a cool breezes fluttering in from a partially open window, gliding over my back and making the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. the scent of mingled perfumes , cologne and cotton detergent washed sheets a comfort that i oh so miss and crave when I'm at work...

I heard Ethan coming up the stairs, who by the looks of things had very kindly let me sleep in for just a little while longer, but I had no interest in sitting myself up just yet...

instead, i lay with my eyes just resting shut and a slight smile tugging upon my lips, his footsteps stopping once he got to the door way- like they always do- and from there i already knew he was leaning against the door frame with that thoughtful expression on his face, his own smile tugging upon his lips...

And then after a moment, he went to his next place, walking over and sitting up with his back against the headboard where he placed his arm around me and leaned down, pressing a kiss to my temple.

"I know you're awake, valerie."

i giggled into my pillow my eyelids still closed "How?"

he stroked my hair and i could feel all the wild curls being moved away from my forehead "because you're too still. when you're asleep your always moving your head, or your leg...something."

I opened my eyes finally, the light of the morning flooding into my vision as i peered up to him freshly with a smile "Makes me ask the question, how can you bare to sleep next to me?"

he chuckled softly and raised a brow "Well, i actually find it quite comforting."

i laughed too and drew myself close to him, swapping my pillow for him and placing a kiss to his chest "You should. I find comfort in you, thats why."