Begin Again: AU4 Chapter 14

AUTHORS NOTE: Ethan and Valerie return to Edenbrook after their suspension and immediately find themselves right back where they left- embroiled in the medical world, surrounded my rumours, tension and divided sides. But not for long. Ethan makes clear where he stands to the whole hospital, Valerie has her first meeting with the heads of department, and the friends are more than excited to have their friend and the chief back. the question is- will the rest of the edenbrook doctors be as happy for their return? this is 'Begin Again' and I hope you enjoy! :)

 the question is- will the rest of the edenbrook doctors be as happy for their return? this is 'Begin Again' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Valentine

I look around, and I realise I'm exactly where little me had always dreamed id be.

Living in a big city with the man that I love and get to spend the rest of my life with. Having the job that I spent most of my life working for, and getting to do it with the people i care most about in the world.

There's been tears.

There's been moments of feeling of hopeless.

....There's been heart break.

But through it all, there's been unimaginable heights of love, and the future still remained promising.

There's that feeling in winter when its so cold that you cant even remember being warm, and fear that the summer may never come again. But it always does. As sure as a broken clock is right twice a day, summer always comes.

And so does the brighter, happier days.

After a few days in that bright summer, the realisation is now daunting that today is the inevitable return to edenbrook. why am I scared? I don't know. Maybe its because now we finally have to face what we didn't want to, and that's taking responsibility for our relationship.

Our relationship that has normally been secret glances, brushing finger tips, and hidden kisses when eyes were anywhere but on us. Being intimate and having it just be us with no consequences in tangled sheets during the cover of night, lingering perfume and cologne on our skin and love bites the only thing to remind us in the daylight what was so perfect between us.

When we kissed in the atrium, there was a part of us that thought it would be as simple as that. A simple kiss that would be confirmation of all that was suspected by our peers. But the bigger part of us knew that it definitely wasn't going to be so simple.

Ethan and I had been back in Boston for a couple of days, settling back into somewhat of a routine while finishing our suspension, and starting to slowly move ourselves into our new home in beacon hill. But at the moment, we're staying at the apartment until the next owners are ready to move in and  just so things are a bit easier while we're sorting ourselves out.

Still jet lagged and anticipation of what the morning would bring, there was no way that we were going to get a sense of sufficient sleep- but to try and settle some nerves, I was in the bedroom trying to catch some rest, as i watched the dancing shadows coming from the window dancing in the space where Ethan would usually lie.