Sweet Comic Valentine: AU4 Chapter 28

AUTHORS NOTE: After a month and a half long Hiatus, AU4 is back! And while we're a few months behind, this is the Valentines day special. In todays chapter, Ethan is determined for Valerie to have the most perfectly perfect valentines day. even when work as at its busiest, he's not without a few tricks up his sleeves.. Behind the scenes, Ethan has a visitor that might just help in his power struggle battle with Bloom, Tobias asks James for help with a certain neurologist he's been thinking about...and speaking of our favourite cardiologist, James has his own plans to make a special valentines day for sienna! This is 'Sweet Comic Valentine', and I hope you enjoy! :)

and speaking of our favourite cardiologist, James has his own plans to make a special valentines day for sienna! This is 'Sweet Comic Valentine', and I hope you enjoy! :)

Ethan

Valentines day.

A celebration of love, and affection.

Its possible its eye roll worthy, and if... 3,4 years ago i was approached with the idea i most definitely would have eye rolled. Possibly because 'love' is a concept that took me along time to understand and find. Unconditional love that i thought was non existent; A myth, a tale and nothing but. Yet, as strange as it is to think, the one person i could and would love unconditionally happened to be none other than the UCLA medical student a few years ago who walked into edenbrook for her first day of internship.... and changed my life completely and utterly.

Valerie Valentine.

A name that simply implies love. rather philosophical isn't it?

Today, is her day. A celebration of her, a day for her to feel special. I always want her to feel that way and not just for one day of the year... she deserves to feel special every single day. And if I had it my way, she'd feel extra special, every day.

But, with work commitments and life as it is, the latter isn't always possible.

I fear that over the last couple of months, and to be more precise the last couple of weeks, I haven't appreciated her as much as I should. Or maybe as much as I want too.

The moon would be hers if it was possible.

But since it isn't, I'll spend every day trying to come up with the next best thing.

...That might be a difficult task though if she doesn't wake up and get ready for work.

I don't like waking her up, especially when most nights it takes her a long time to finally fall asleep... She always looks her most content like this, and I hate to break it. Its times like this where 'Ethan' has to be replaced with 'doctor Ramsey'.

Beacon hill was as calm and as serene as ever on this cool February morning. the windows open a jar to let in the soft breeze...and in the bedroom, only just visible, Valerie's wild curls flowed over the pillows- the only part of her visible at all apart from her hand. and of course, she was very much asleep.

As I unfolded my arms from where i was leaning against the door frame, I rolled my eyes with a smile before going over, and stroking her hair back a little.