HTSCF CH 007 Dealing with a plot hole wasn't in the job description...

Beta: Jeannette

Jun had read and reread the plot several times to check if he had missed something. There was no other description other than a brief sentence: Dahlye was betrayed by her best friend and love rival, Oriana, and was led to her death, leading to her rebirth.

It was vague and never explained properly that you had to question the creator's integrity. But from both encounters with Oriana, he was certain of her character—she wasn't the type to betray someone nor be interested in someone already taken. If that was a fact, and Oriana hadn't betrayed Dahlye, and the rebirth was based on a misunderstanding, wouldn't the plot collapse?

Would that essentially ensure his survival? But how to prove something like that? Especially to someone as stubborn as a transmigrator who "knew" the entire plot and was fixated on it?

"Argh." Jun grabbed his hair in frustration. "Damn plot holes."

"Babe, are you ok?" Azel patted Jun's head and held him in his arms. "Did that woman do something to you?"

'Babe? What? Who?'

Jun shoved Azel's face away with his hand. "I'm fine."

Azel was about to say something more but an announcement interrupted him: "Attention, this is a Code 00 alert. All ability users and able persons must head to the West Wall immediately to assist... Attention..."

"What's a Code 00?" Eli asked.

"It's a large-scale zombie attack," Azel answered with a frown.

"Hmm." Jun was thoughtful. To die or not to die. To not die, it was perhaps best to prevent death, so helping with the zombie tide was presumably a good idea. With that in mind, he headed towards the direction of the West Wall. Eli and Azel shortly followed after him.

"Baby, where are you going?"

"The West Wall."

"Why?" Eli grabbed Jun's arm, deterring him.

"... Why not?"

"You could die," Eli argued.

"Everybody dies at some point."

They didn't understand why, but when they heard Jun say that, both Eli and Azel felt a wave of indescribable anger, one that made them grate their teeth and fists clench that they even drew blood.

Azel frowned and tugged Jun's other arm. "That may be true but it doesn't mean you should go and court death."

"Court death? Excuse me?" Jun said with great indignation. If he had a tail, it would be standing up straight, the fur ruffled. "I am not the one courting Death. Death is the one courting me, ok? And I don't want that, so I am going to go and slap its face."

"Hahahaha..."

"Pfft..."

Looking at Azel and Eli laughing their asses off made Jun want to slap their faces too. He was serious about the face slapping. Eli wiped away some laugh tears and grinned. "Alright, let's go. I'll help you slap Death's face."

Azel nodded in agreement. "Me too."

That was what Jun was hoping for. With two shields, he should be relatively safe. Not to mention his archery skills had been improving even more over the past month through constant practice. Eli had even been helping him train with throwing knives. The guy was surprisingly good at using classic weapons like swords and spears—anything sharp.

When the trio reached the West Wall, the fight was already at full blast. Thousands of regular zombies could be seen on the ground below the wall, all amassed and trying to climb the wall. Behind them were the variant zombies, some with fire abilities, others with wind, and so on.