HTSCF CH 044 Just your everyday beta...

A/N: It's hard coming up with names y'all, so this arc gets a weather theme... Ah, I've been slacking on editing because I wanted to read a bunch of BL 😂🙈 so had no time to send this arc to any beta readers... But I've edited and edited so I hope it's still ok... Anyway, welcome to the abo/omegaverse arc!

Zergs—in some story settings they were the villains, and in others they were protagonists. As for the world Jun had just entered, it was the former. Here, Zergs were humanity's main enemy and often took the form of giant black insects. This world's plot involved politics and warfare and at the center of it was the protagonist, Skye Lennox, Duke Lennox's precious omega son, who was also one of the candidates for Crown Princess.

As for Jun's main source of concern, this world existed under the decision of the reader. In application, it was very probable that Skye Lennox was a transmigrator, who might or might not know the plot. Either way, Jun was certain the world would follow the harem route based on his luck. As for his current identity, Rain Linden—he was the illegitimate youngest son of Marshal Linden, a beta born from a mistress omega.

In every route, to gain the approval of the Marshal, he joined the military academy once he turned 18 and was met with his untimely death during a training mission. Rain Linden's main purpose as a cannon fodder was to bring attention to a new type of Zerg, the Parasite, able to latch onto human hosts and control them while slowly killing them by consuming the body's internal organs. In came the protagonist with his SSS grade spirituality capable of detecting such Zergs.

At the halfway point of the plot in the harem route, he would have already won over three of the male leads and was starting on the fourth and fifth ones. In this world, if an omega was strong and fertile enough, they were allowed more than one partner. The only downside was no alpha would be able to mark them if they wanted to share, since it would result in the omega rejecting all other alphas except the one who made the mark.

For omegas, whose main role was to breed for alphas, that was the greatest type of freedom, where they could choose their partners and how many without having to be forced into arranged marriages. Then there were those like Rain Linden's mother, Eva Blanca, who was an omega mistress, just one of many for Marshal Linden, who only wanted as many alphas as possible to continue his great bloodline.

|System, where am I in the plot?|

There was no doubt in Jun's mind that the mission for this world was Type A: Survive Death pitfalls until age 19.

|Ehehehehe...|

"Cadet Linden, are you listening to what I'm saying?"

Jun lifted his head to face the man in uniform speaking to him. He couldn't tell his rank so he went for a generic response. "Yes, Sir."

After a brief but suspicious look, the man walked away and Jun breathed a sigh of relief.

|So where am I in the plot, System?|

|Well, as my dearest Host has already figured out, the mission in this world is Type A. The good news is you only have to beat Death down for 6 months!|

|The bad news?|

|Obviously, you are not under the protection period because your current identity has been 18 for half a year now, thus the reason for the 6 month period.|

|And?|

|... You are currently on your way to meet Death. See, Host is currently onboard the ship that takes you to the location of the training mission that kills you, planet Z379.|

|... Heh.|

|But worry not, dearest Host! The original may have had C grade physique and C grade spirituality, but you are different. After passing through several worlds and undergoing martial arts training, your soul has improved immensely in quality. I estimate that the current body's physical grade to be B and spiritual grade to be SSS, if not more.|