HTSCF CH 017 Will I ever be the one?

Betas: Stephanie, Jeannette

A/N: This chapter transitions into the next arc since I didn't want to end the chapter too short haha. As a result, both Stephanie and Jeannette betaed it.

"Alright, initializing the memory fragment from the world 'Capturing that Tsundere CEO with my Voice' in 30, 29, 28..."

Before Ezekiel Backert ever formed a contract with Jun Teruya, they had met once.

In a large open space, there were many booths set up, each one with banners displaying a person's name, company, or otherwise. It was a convention for podcasts and podcasters to meet and greet with fans, sell merchandise and have interactive events.

For a small-time vocal broadcaster like Jun Teruya, his booth didn't have a long line of fans but it was the most diverse; from teenagers to adults, to both men and women. The reason for that was because he specialized in story narration, and many people enjoyed listening to his unique alto voice. It had a soft, airy, and dreamy quality to it, making it very soothing.

At the front of the line was a teenage girl who was excitedly bouncing on her toes as she handed him a poster with the name of his podcast 'Dark Star' for a signature. When Jun passed it back, she squealed.

"Thank you! I love your podcast, Jun! And you're so much better looking than I expected!"

"Thank you. Please keep listening to my podcast." Jun said with a genuine smile.

"Of course!" She responded with a bright blush, then skipped away.

Next to Jun sat Theodore with a sour face, his arms crossed and his legs on the signing table. "You should just join my band."

"But I like what I do."

"Join my band, please," Theodore begged with a pout.

"Why do you want me to join so badly?"

"Because I'll be graduating soon and won't be able to see you as often anymore..."

Jun laughed it off and refocused on his fan meet. Next in line was a tall, muscular man, wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap, the tips of his platinum blond hair sticking out. Without a doubt, it could only be Ezekiel.

"I've been listening to your podcast since the beginning and I love it, so please don't quit." He said, his body tense and his expression severe.

"Thank you, I don't plan to quit. Now, what would you like?" Jun smiled at him and held out his hand for something to sign on. When the man didn't pass anything over, he tilted his head. "Nothing? Then do you want me to sign your hand?"

"Ok." Ezekiel held out his hand.

"What would you like written?"

"To my biggest fan Zeke, with love."

Unbothered, Jun signed it as requested. When he finished, he tilted his head again. "Are you sure that's good enough? Do you want anything else?"

"I..."

Theodore saw what was going on and put an arm around Jun's shoulders. "If you're finished, please move on. Others are waiting in line."

"Theo!" Jun shoved the other away and smiled at Ezekiel apologetically. "Thank you for coming to see me."

Ezekiel nodded and walked away, the signed hand clutched within his other hand.

The scene faded away and Jun was back to the Limbo space.

"Host?"

"Yes."

"Would you like to proceed to the next world?"