HTSCF CH 032 no milk tea, no life

When the revival timer hit zero, Jun immediately used a teleport to return to his house, then he checked his funds and inventory. After clearing out some unnecessary items, he used real money to purchase gold coins in the game. He bought a Class Changer and a Name Changer. The original Fei Lan, being the Feng Bingwen fanboy that he was, was also a Demon Swordmaster like him.

When there was an Archer class available why wouldn't Jun change his class to that? But first, he'd change his name. Even though people would be able to tell that he was once <Kneel, peasant!> it wouldn't be something obvious unless someone looked into his profile. He still hadn't committed many sins like the original, who kept going after Li Jie even after the first kill order. Yes, there would be more kill orders to come if he continued to be a jealous closeted homosexual.

His name was changed to <no milk tea, no life>, then he used the Class Changer to become an Archer. His gender couldn't be changed but luckily he had a male avatar. His current looks though—Fei Lan must have been trying to imitate the protagonist. He laughed and bought a Makeover to adjust his avatar's appearance. 175 cm tall with short fluffy red hair and green eyes was what he imagined his—Jun's—original body ought to be.

Lastly, he teleported to Crossroads, a city in Atlan, to do the quest that would allow a player to choose to be a Demon or Saint. There was no level requirement as it was a beginner's quest and was intended to be easy. Jun talked to the NPC and was teleported to the quest's starting point.

The quest involved walking through the forest and encountering several NPCs, who either talked to him or asked questions and he would respond. Most people responded a specific way, knowing which route they wanted to take, but he answered truthfully as himself.

Who knew that it would lead him to be "one of a kind" again? When he saw the notice screen of the route he had chosen, Jun flipped a proverbial table.

|Hahahahahahahaha, what is that, Host?|

The screen read: "Congratulations! You have unlocked the secret development route, Cursed! From hereon, you are now a Cursed Archer! Unlike Demon or Saint, you will be unable to switch routes."

It had been a while since he had come across such ridiculousness. What the heck was Cursed? Each route had its buffs that changed the gameplay of every class, and some people choose their developmental route based on that. Jun checked his new buffs.

Luck -300
Damage Received X3

Wasn't the maximum base luck 250? With the buff, his luck was now -250. That guaranteed that all his drops would be garbage, didn't it? As for being dealt 3 times the damage? Good thing he was an expert at running away and avoiding danger? Well, sort of.

Exp Gain +300%

That was it. Basically, he would be able to level up crazy fast but be stuck with shitty gear and be susceptible to dying easily unless he shelled out real money to purchase some gear to negate the negative buffs. Jun sighed and cursed his luck, but he wasn't too worried. This was a VR game and although you could auto attack by having the skills set on using shortcuts, you could also choose to manually move and attack.

With his years of experience handling the bow and arrow, playing as an Archer, even a Cursed one should be effortless. Next, he needed to work on the protagonists. In all the previous worlds he often avoided the protagonists and relied on Azazel and Elior, but he didn't want to do that anymore. Regardless of how much he wanted to be low-key, the world was still going to make him its reluctant unlucky star.

Jun also wanted to be more proactive in recovering his original memory and finding the real truth to the system, the missions, himself, Azazel, and Elior. There was also something he wanted to confirm. Back at Crossroads, which was a safe zone, Jun scrolled through his friends list to find <Reason To Be> and used the call option.