HTSCF CH 031 Already dead?

A/N: Alright, I'm using some Chinese names in this arc for some of the characters. I researched them and hopefully, they're ok... 🙈

Also, I posted some things in the glossary (for SH readers), including a chapter/arc guide and some character name info.

HTSCF has a Spotify playlist that contains songs mentioned throughout: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/53UPjvWQSQtQYtUcciSKfA?si=vZU7zhGVTxuldqBQpBR1fA&dl_branch=1&nd=1

There are two songs that I can't find on Spotify...

By This River (Yoshida Brothers cover): https://vimeo.com/160956897
Wake Up in Neverland by Clara C: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaSCZEIkQO4

Special thanks to:
Jeannette for beta reading/editing all of Arc 4
Nix for beta reading all of Arc 4 (Hadrian Alectrona Aine on Wattpad)
Jayduph for beta reading the smut chapters of Arc 4 (https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/62289/jayduph/) - Check them out on SH & AO3 for quality smut!

And now, onto Arc 4! :)

"What did you say?"

"Um... Uh..."

System 00 panicked and tried to float away but Jun caught him in a death grip. "Why didn't you tell me this before!"

Still trying to escape by flapping his wings, the system replied, "Well, Host, if you think about it, your body still has to be alive for you to return to your original world."

That was true, but hadn't the system told him he died? So untrustworthy. Jun had assumed he would take over someone else's body or maybe time would turn back or something.

"You did almost die..."

"That's very different from 'died.'"

If the system had hands, he'd hide his face behind them in shame, except he didn't have a face either.

"What is the real purpose of these missions?" Jun demanded. "First it was memory fragments, but then I only received two. Now you've told me that I will regain parts of my memories as I experience these worlds, but I still don't seem to recall anything?"

"But you did, Host. Don't you realize it?"

"I... But then what is the purpose of these missions? These worlds?"

"Your body is alive, but it is damaged. Gradually remembering who you are will repair your body."

"And why didn't you tell me my body is alive before?"

"I couldn't before my upgrade."

"Then what about after?"

"... I forgot until just now."

Jun almost wanted to choke the system, but where would he find the neck of something so round and fluffy?

"What's in it for you?"

"To upgrade. But Host, I keep telling you that I only want to help you. I was created for... Cough. That information is restricted."

Jun snorted. Don't think he didn't realize the system was about to reveal something essential.

"You have to trust me, dearest Host. I only want to help you."

Trust the system? Debatable. But for now, he needed it so he would just tolerate the system. "What about Azazel and Elior? What happened to them?"

"They... Disappeared."

"Disappeared?"

"Yup. Don't worry, Host. You're not deaf, just half dead."