HTSCF CH 012 Sing to survive should be easy, right?

Beta: Stephanie

The participants of the variety show were a total of nine small celebrities paired with nine overbearing CEOs. Some of the celebrities were female, some male. The Overbearing Ceo Faction were all male, save for one woman. The competition kicked off with an introduction of each of the pairs as well as a breakdown of how the variety show would operate.

There would be 9 teams total, and they would be decided randomly in the first week. After that, participants would be allowed to trade team members if they wanted. In the case someone wanted to quit the game or was disqualified, the team as a whole would be forfeiting the competition.

Once the teams were decided, they were all assigned a "base location." Depending on their luck, it could be a good location or not. With the way things went for cannon fodders, Jun's team was, of course, assigned the worst possible location, a cave on the outskirts of the forest and nowhere near any source of water.

Teams were allowed to move around if they were capable of it and settle down at any other free location. To keep things entertaining, the only requirement for bases was that they be 3000 meters, about 2 miles, away from each other.

They were allowed to choose 3 weapons. Regarding this, the show was quite generous. There were all sorts of goodies, from tranquilizer guns to short swords. They didn't have to select exactly 3 weapons nor were they required to choose any. The weapons were ostensibly for survival, but Jun suspected they wanted to increase the drama by teasing the possibility of violence.

Lastly, each participant was given a backpack with some necessities, such as a Swiss knife, matches, rope, water, food bars, and so on.

Picking up a bow and arrow set and a dagger, Jun walked away to stand at a distance to watch everyone else, his eyes stopping at a seemingly innocent-looking boy with soft blond hair and an angelic face. It was participant G, the future murderer. However, since Jun is a cannon fodder, he didn't feel like he could trust any of the other competitors either. Even if participant G was the murderer, that didn't prevent everyone else from being potential death flags. This kind of show was just asking him to die.

'Isn't giving out weapons just making the murder thriller part of the story too easy?'

|Yes, but the murderer doesn't use any weapons to kill, remember?|

|...|

|Host?|

Jun was too busy wondering how Ezekiel managed to sneak in his milk tea ingredients and was eyeing the man's backpack with suspicion. He saw Ezekiel choose to skip out on the weapons and was confused. Was the man just planning on surviving using only the meager food supply provided?

An eyebrow raised, Jun watched Asher Xavier step over to greet Ezekiel with starstruck eyes and a hand held out. "Mr. Backert, I'm a huge fan..."

The poor protagonist Asher was unexpectedly ignored by the male lead Ezekiel, his hand hanging in the air.

Then again, this storyline was not your standard dynamic. Ezekiel's interest in Asher was only triggered as a result of Jun's death. Maybe there never was any chemistry between the two, which would explain the BE. Jun saw the disappointment on Asher Xavier's face change to one of determination then disdain when Ezekiel walked over to stand next to Jun, simply choosing Jun over Asher by his behavior.

At the very least, Asher Xavier seemed to have an interest in Ezekiel and some unexplained hatred towards Jun. Or was it his destiny to be detested because of his status as a cannon fodder?

Once everyone was done with their weapon selection, the host made a brief speech then sent each team on their way one by one in the order of their team number, followed by a personal camera bot. For convenience, the teams were assigned a number, and Jun and Ezekiel were Team #4.