HTSCF CH 042 When things fall apart

In a certain part of the T City Convention Center, there was a circle of people forming to watch a show, but it had nothing to do with the games Finale or ADAS. No, the stars of this show were the players and developers of Finale and ADAS. And they seemed to be involved in some crazy love prism!?

Elior Renaud had always had high EQ, but he disliked people. The only people he could tolerate were his family, including his cousin, Azazel Schwarz. Because of that, he only socialized when necessary and kept people at a distance. He particularly disliked people other than his family touching him whenever they felt like it. Being who he was, he had always been desirable in the eyes of many men and women who went out of their way to get his attention, but he was never interested.

Outside the family, Jun was the only exception. From the beginning, Elior became interested first. Be it his looks or the way he carried himself, there was something about Jun that drew him in, making him become an unrestrained flirt in trying to get his attention. With these two contrasts in behavior on top of his high EQ, it was obvious to him at a glance that Li Jie was infatuated with him and Azazel, Azazel a little more than him.

"You can stop now." Elior was speaking to Li Jie. "I will never like you, so stop bothering my baby." Then he turned to Azazel with an impatient expression. "Azazel, you need to let this person know where you stand. Just loving Jun alone won't be enough." He warned.

Between the two, Azazel had always been the more affectionate and giving one, while Elior was always eager to take. They were both imbalanced in their love for Jun, but together it worked. Azazel had low EQ but he was more sociable than Elior, capable of engaging with others, even if he didn't say much. This was why he was the president who had to deal with relations while Elior was the CEO who could rely on the president to deal with people.

Not to mention he was face blind and couldn't remember people outside work-related purposes, so he relied on Elior for that. Their reliance on each other was mutual, which was why they were close and worked together.

"You're right." Azazel's EQ may be low but when it came to anything related to Jun, it was sufficient. Though he may not realize how appealing he was to men and women, he could see Li Jie as a potential threat to his beloved's happiness. In his typically cold president style, Azazel gave Li Jie a harsh slap of reality. "There will only ever be Jun in my heart. Don't you already have two pursuers who genuinely like you? Is that not enough?"

After that, Azazel and Elior took Jun away to walk around the convention center. Feng Bingwen was furious. He knew about Bai Changming's feelings for Li Jie and felt that he already had enough to deal with, but from this interaction, it was implied that Li Jie had feelings for those two men. Then what about Bai Changming? Did Li Jie also have feelings for him?

"Li Jie, what is going on? Do you like Azazel Schwarz and Elior Renaud? What about—"

He wanted to ask: "What about me?" But he could not find the words because he was afraid of the answer, that Li Jie no longer loved him. Even though he gave and was willing to give him anything, everything. Was it really as Azazel surmised—not enough?

"You... I'll talk to you more later." He had a scheduled panel and it was starting soon. In reality, he wanted to run away from the possibility of having his ego crushed. After being pursued by so many men and women with half-hearted intentions, he thought he had found a treasure, but he never considered he wouldn't be enough for Li Jie.

The truth was Feng Bingwen would have been enough for Li Jie had Jun not entered the picture with Azazel and Elior. When he witnessed Jun's transformation into an open homosexual, he was irritated and wished that was him, but he couldn't be. Then when he witnessed two powerful men showering Jun with their love and affection without a care for what the world thought, he was jealous. Why couldn't it be him?