HTSCF CH 013 He really was tone-deaf.

Beta: Stephanie

The sun had set by the time Jun returned to the campsite, Theodore following close behind. When he saw Jun, Ezekiel was relieved and instantly pulled him over to sit by the campfire.

"That was a long number 2."

"... I was constipated."

Most of the audience, who were eating dinner around this time, spat out whatever they were eating.

"Well maybe eating meat isn't a good idea..."

"No, it's resolved, so I can eat it."

As if it was the natural thing to do, Ezekiel held up a drumstick for Jun to eat and without thinking about it, Jun took a bite. The taste was a little familiar. Theodore wanted to slap the drumstick away while some of the audience gushed about a potential CP in the making. If Theodore saw such comments, he probably would have spat some more ghost blood directly at their screens.

After they ate, Ezekiel wanted to brainstorm a song with Jun. He wouldn't be the one performing but he was allowed to help, and their team depended on it.

"Can't," Jun announced blandly.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm tone-deaf."

"You're kidding."

Jun shook his head. "I really am tone-deaf."

"How about you sing a song for me right now?" Ezekiel suggested.

"Ok." Then Jun started singing.

Ezekiel's normally expressionless face went from slight expectation to disbelief real quick. The same could be said of Theodore. Jun wasn't kidding when he said he was tone-deaf. It wasn't the sort of singing that would make you want to curl up and cover your ears in pure agony. Rather, it left you confused, questioning the meaning of life, your existence, and how he managed to sing so monotone like he was reading a script without emotion.

|With such a nice voice as yours, how is this possible, dearest Host!?|

"..." There wasn't anything Ezekiel, the camera bot, or the audience members could say. Could something like this even be improved?

"I'll still accept you into my band, and you can be the mascot."

A small smile appeared on Jun's face. That guy was always good with his words. As for Ezekiel, he collected himself after a brief moment. "How about going back to vocal broadcasting?"

"... Oh?"

Another plot hole appeared, and to make things less noticeable, Jun had given a pretty vague response. Ezekiel seemed to have known the original before the contract, and this was not indicated in the plot.

"You were doing so well with it. I don't know why you suddenly decided to pursue singing..."

At this point, the audience realized that the two already knew each other before the show and their CP senses were tingling.

"Don't you know exactly why?"

Jun was hoping Ezekiel could help him fill in the blanks. Looking confused, Ezekiel reminded Jun that he had approached him and formed a contract with him based on the fact that he resembled his white moonlight, Paige Lyle. While Jun didn't have to do anything other than just stand around for Ezekiel to look at, he was still offended to be someone's replacement, but at the time he could only accept the easy money.

Even though it sounded so stereotypical, the CP fans couldn't stop themselves from becoming invested in their story.

Vocal broadcasting was fun and rewarding, but monetarily it didn't pay so well and he was living paycheck to paycheck with no personal savings while trying to pay off some debts. When he found out Paige Lyle was a singer and heard about the variety show 'Sing to Survive' he begged Ezekiel to let him participate and prove himself better than some white moonlight.