HTSCF CH 009 What love rival? Heh.

Beta: Jeannette

"You're the zombie emperor."

Before anyone else could say anything, Jun shrugged and shook his head. "I'm pretty sure he's Eli Rygg. He was our neighbor when we were 6, remember?"

"... What?"

"Isn't that right, Azel?"

"Yes."

Unfortunately the female protagonist refused to relent. "He's the zombie emperor, I'm sure of it. That hair color, that eye color, his name..."

"What proof do you have?" Jun asked, unamused.

"Because I'm a transmigrator and I read the story..."

"Can you prove you're a transmigrator?"

"I..."

"Can't, can you?"

Eli leaned over to give Jun's cheek a soft kiss and said for all to hear: "But baby, I am the zombie emperor."

"..."

Everyone in the room stopped breathing.

|System, can I quit now?|

|Sorry, dearest Host, quitting is never an option.|

|What about if I were to kill myself?|

|... H-Host, did you forget that losing the mission would result in a loss of self? You'd be facing infinite lifetimes as a cannon fodder, never to escape!|

|...|

"Baby?" Eli waved a hand in front of Jun's face. To be honest, he was pretty worried about him, since this wasn't the first time he'd seen him zone out.

Jun snapped back to reality with a grumpy face directed at Dahlye. "... So what?"

"Huh?"

"So what if he's the zombie emperor?" Jun asked, then turned his eyes toward Eli's innocent smiling face. "Have you eaten anyone?"

"No, never." He gave Jun a sleazy smile and a wink. "But I wouldn't mind eating you."

"..." Jun coughed. "You see? He's... Harmless."

"He's got to be lying." Charles Erwin pulled out his hand gun and aimed it at Eli. If only he knew the zombie emperor couldn't be killed.

"Don't bother, Charles. The zombie emperor can't be killed."

Finally, Dahlye said something useful. Jun rolled his eyes at her and her harem, then pulled Eli away.

"Let's go."

"Stop!" Charles pointed his gun at Jun, making Azel snap out of his reverie and move to shield him. "If you leave here, forget about staying at Silver Base."

"Yeah, whatever."

Jun was tired of the female protagonist and her harem. He had only stayed at Silver Base to monitor her, and now that things between them were half resolved and he was sure she wouldn't come after him, leaving base wasn't that much of an issue.

Azel hesitated for a moment but followed them anyway. Back at their home base, Jun packed a few articles of clothes, his crossbow and dagger. He didn't have much, since most of what he needed was still being kept at his storage units.

"I really want a milk tea right now." Jun complained. Unfortunately, he had run out of his temporary stock at base.

"It's ok, baby. We can pick up some on the way."